Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Door Moldings???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATMJDM01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Door Moldings???

I need both molding's re-done because the black is almost gone and it's pretty much Chrome.

Well I found the pieces here: http://www.hondapartscheap.com/parts...bumper/molding

Now with those, it says also #10 CLIP, DOOR MOLDING. States QTY REQUIRED 8. What are these and why do I need 8 of them?
Old 09-22-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Door Moldings???

Have you considered Plasti dipping the pieces?
Old 09-22-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

I've tried Plasti-dip before. I'm just not very good at it lol. I'd rather (having the money) just get them brand new. I'm very picky about certain stuff lmao.
Old 09-22-2013
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

Each molding piece comes with two clips and since there's four molding pieces for the car I'm sure you know why you need 8. The two clips clip inside the door to hold them in place. They're attached to the molding pieces.

I replaced all four of mine about a year ago. The manual for the rear says to roll down the rear window and lift them out. They should come out with the clip entacted but because our cars are 10+ years old the plastic is brittle and some will break and fall down in to the door frame. A couple of mine broke on the front and rear. The front replacement involves rolling down the window and removing the side view mirrors. Pretty easy job in general with the exception of the clips breaking.

HTH

Edit: I see you referenced a coupe. Then you'll only have 4 clips, which, once again, will come attached to the new molding piece.
Old 09-22-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You can't buy the trim without the clips.

Each trim (either #1 or #4) comes with its necessary clips (#10) or you can buy the clips by themselves.

HTH
Old 09-22-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

See, this is exactly why I ask for help with certain things because seeing the reference showing QTY is 8 clips where it shows the door trim, they make it look like it will be 4 clips for each door. And also I didn't know the moldings come with it's necessary clips lol.

I so appreciate the help guys. This forum is AMAZING for help. I'm going to order the 2 trims now.
Old 09-22-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ATMJDM01
QTY is 8
When you see something like that, that's the quantity of that item for an entire car.

also I didn't know the moldings come with it's necessary clips
In the parts pic above, the line with 1 and 4 was pointing to both the trim and the clip, while the number 10 was only pointing at the clip.

-----------------------------------------
FYI for the future, and because I go through this about once a week...

When it comes to clips, nuts and bolts, pushpins, etc., you really need to know how many of each you need before you order.

Inner fender liners are an example that might use several different styles of plastic pushpin fasteners, screws, clips, and maybe more, in various quantities.....but the parts department people usually have no way of knowing how many of which. ("No, I can't use all 42 of these huge pushpins to reinstall this little part!")
Old 09-22-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Originally Posted by ezone
When you see something like that, that's the quantity of that item for an entire car.

In the parts pic above, the line with 1 and 4 was pointing to both the trim and the clip, while the number 10 was only pointing at the clip.

-----------------------------------------
FYI for the future, and because I go through this about once a week...

When it comes to clips, nuts and bolts, pushpins, etc., you really need to know how many of each you need before you order.

Inner fender liners are an example that might use several different styles of plastic pushpin fasteners, screws, clips, and maybe more, in various quantities.....but the parts department people usually have no way of knowing how many of which. ("No, I can't use all 42 of these huge pushpins to reinstall this little part!")
Yeah I just figured because that's what the clips are for so they put them next to the picture. Cause when I went to highlight 1 or 4, I was thinking it would highlight #10 also with it to show they come with it lol. Thanks man!!
Old 09-23-2013
Registered!!

rustycivic is on a distinguished road

Are your trim pieces color matched, or the matte black trim color?

If they are the black plastic, just paint them with this: SEM trim paint

If they are body colored, you can get new ones, or get a can of color matched paint, and paint them with that.