Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

01 LX Gauges, Interior Lights, Warning Beeps

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caliqueen91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry 01 LX Gauges, Interior Lights, Warning Beeps

Hello all,

I have been having several issues with my 2001 Honda Civic LX. When I first bought the car, the interior dome lights, both the front and middle one went out. I changed the fuse but it kept blowing so I just left it alone and dealt with having no lights. About 6 months later, my gauges started going haywire going down to 0 and then shooting up to the highest numbers while I was driving. I would turn the car off and back on and the problem would cease for a few days. After awhile the gauges would just stay at 0 and would not work unless I hit the plastic cover over the gauges until they came back on. The problem became more and more frequent. Now, the beeping noise that used to occur when I would leave my keys in the ignition or headlights on doesn't happen anymore. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be super appreciated. Does it sound like these problems are connected are would they all be separate issues?
Old 09-18-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 01 LX Gauges, Interior Lights, Warning Beeps

Since you took out the dome fuse.... look at the black rubber covered plunger switch on drivers side door jamb. Swap it out with passenger side and see if warnings return.

Clusters going whacko are common on early models, and it would appear to be a poor connection (solder or connector) since you can make it return.
Old 02-05-2014
Registered!!

got civic is an unknown quantity at this point
02 ex with wacked out cluster

I have a 02 ex that the cluster goes nuts on when I shut the car off and I keep blowing fuses can you tell me what's up
Old 02-05-2014

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 02 ex with wacked out cluster

Originally Posted by got civic
I keep blowing fuses
What fuses ???
Old 02-05-2014
Registered!!

got civic is an unknown quantity at this point

alternator brake lights/horn
Old 02-06-2014

When do they blow ?? Instant ? Random ?

Bad seen without brake lights.