Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

A/C and Passenger Side Turning Signal Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeiro is an unknown quantity at this point
A/C and Passenger Side Turning Signal Problems

Hi!
I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX Sedan.
I installed an aftermarket HID kit along with a fog light HID kit some months ago. After I installed them, my passenger side signal light has been working some days, while not working on others. During the day with the lights off, the signal goes into a hyperblinker mode and when driving at night with the lights on, it won't signal. The hazard lights work, but sometimes they are out of sync, with them flashing at different intervals. My Driver side signals work fine though. Essentially my passenger side is either in hyperblinker mode or not working at all.

Now my A/C has been having intermittent problems as well. When im driving on the highway it turns on, but is cuts out every so often. When the lights are on, it either works or won't come on. Even with the lights are off it won't turn on sometimes either.

Could this be a wire grounding problem with the lights? Or a faulty relay or something? Because I am getting full power. My lights and radio are performing fine. Thanks!!!
Old 05-04-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A/C and Passenger Side Turning Signal Problems

After I installed them, my passenger side signal light has been working some days, while not working on others.
Revisit the work you just did. 95% of the time, the new install caused the new issue.
Wires, bulbs, whatever.
Check for a simple bad bulb?

Now my A/C has been having intermittent problems as well. When im driving on the highway it turns on, but is cuts out every so often. When the lights are on, it either works or won't come on. Even with the lights are off it won't turn on sometimes either.
That was as clear as mud.
Probably unrelated to the headlight install.
Old 05-04-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeiro is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I checked the bulbs, I am probably just going to take everything apart this week and see.

The A/C works and doesn't work. By that I mean that sometimes when I'm driving the fan will just shut off and the air will stop, but if i unclick the A/C button the air comes on fine. The heat works no prob. The A/C just turns on and off when I'm driving like its temperamental. Its like it loses power for a few minutes and then when it regains it, it shoots back on. Its ice cold when it works but I don't know what would be causing that.
Old 05-04-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

when I'm driving the fan will just shut off
You mean the inside blower fan motor quits?
and then when it regains it,
(Still assuming you mean the blower motor here).....Does it come back on like when you hit a bump?