Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

civic 2001 unknown noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contevo is an unknown quantity at this point
civic 2001 unknown noise

hello, everyone.

Ok, I usually hear this noise when the car is left over night and cold start up, after few mins the noise goes away, not sure where coming from but I include a video and when I get close to it, to hear where noise is coming from sound like is coming from the block box thing I guess where the timing belt is.

here the video...

http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/co...45586.mp4.html

thank you for your time!
Old 04-22-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: civic 2001 unknown noise

sounds like a normal running engine to me,

i dont hear anything in that video that is not normal, im a bit
Old 04-22-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikey1
sounds like a normal running engine to me,

i dont hear anything in that video that is not normal, im a bit
Ditto.^^^
Old 04-22-2013
Registered!!

yea i notice it on the video too barely hear it. my phone sucks... but is there. I'll try again later when there less wind
Old 04-29-2013
Registered!!

so I was told my water pump or timing belt or both may be going out since I don't know the history of this car I decided to replace it both, and special order this coming in on wednesday
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...8_658255_7453_

I can't really afford OEM parts way out of my budget but I'm really concern of this purchase and I have been told dayco is good brand , what other people input?
Old 04-29-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by contevo
I can't really afford OEM parts way out of my budget but I'm really concern of this purchase and I have been told dayco is good brand , what other people input?
I can't afford to install cheap parts. The cost is far too high.
Old 04-29-2013
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

I can't really afford OEM parts way out of my budget
^Really? I just went to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and came up with the below for an OEM price.

19200-PLM-A01 WATER PUMP $59.55
04145-PLC-315 TENSIONER SET, TIMING BELT $69.84
14400-PMM-A02 BELT, TIMING (104RU22 GB-333) $17.97
Shipping Information
Shipping Method:

Subtotal
$147.36
Sales Tax: $0.00
**Shipping Charge $17.14
Handling Charge $4.95
Total
$169.45I

Then I went to dangerzone, errr mmm excuse me www.autozone.com and came up with the below.

Subtotal: $134.99
Taxes: $6.36
Ship To Home Total: $141.35

So are you saying an extra $28.10 was out of your budget for OEM parts? If so, I guess it is what it is, but I'd be ok spending another $28.10 for peace of mind installing OEM parts.

I sure hope that tensioner, water pump or belt doesn't fail prematurely because you went the "cheap" route.
Old 04-29-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt_75
^Really? I just went to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and came up with the below for an OEM price.

19200-PLM-A01 WATER PUMP $59.55
04145-PLC-315 TENSIONER SET, TIMING BELT $69.84
14400-PMM-A02 BELT, TIMING (104RU22 GB-333) $17.97
Shipping Information
Shipping Method:

Subtotal
$147.36
Sales Tax: $0.00
**Shipping Charge $17.14
Handling Charge $4.95
Total
$169.45I

Then I went to dangerzone, errr mmm excuse me www.autozone.com and came up with the below.

Subtotal: $134.99
Taxes: $6.36
Ship To Home Total: $141.35

So are you saying an extra $28.10 was out of your budget for OEM parts? If so, I guess it is what it is, but I'd be ok spending another $28.10 for peace of mind installing OEM parts.

I sure hope that tensioner, water pump or belt doesn't fail prematurely because you went the "cheap" route.
I'm willing to bet that OP has no prior knowledge of majestic Honda, and OP's only "source" for Honda OEM is the dealership.
Old 04-29-2013
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I'm willing to bet that OP has no prior knowledge of majestic Honda, and OP's only "source" for Honda OEM is the dealership.
I'm willing to bet you're right.
Old 04-29-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I love Honda parts pricing and always use oem stuff, especially items like those. (try pricing toyota parts sometime)

With shipping at about $15 these days I usually get my stuff at the dealer, unless you have a large order possibly.
Old 04-29-2013

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Originally Posted by Matt_75
I'm willing to bet you're right.
Originally Posted by CraigW
I love Honda parts pricing and always use oem stuff, especially items like those. (try pricing toyota parts sometime)
Lots of people believe that OEM/dealer prices must be far higher than anything else. Without doing any research.

I've noticed more than one manufacturer with MSRP on a lot of their parts equal to or lower than the aftermarket, especially the fast moving stuff.

Our parts department personnel has the same mentality, they always call aftermarket first without ever thinking of calling a dealer....because, obviously, aftermarket must always be cheaper.
Old 04-29-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Lately I write down the msrp and the internet price below the part #

They will always give me a below msrp... and will sometimes match internet $.

OP to do the job correctly I think you may need more than 2 parts imo.
Old 04-29-2013
Registered!!

well thank you all for the replies and I already purchase this kit, and he installing on wednesday and he leaving the country next day for like 2 weeks. I won't have enough time to get this part on time. I already used up my sh#tty walmart check to get this part and other parts I needed. so those 28 dollars I saved I use it to buy another part didn't go into my pocket. now I'm worry and I need my car to go work.
Old 04-30-2013
Registered!!

mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

now I'm worry and I need my car to go work.
return it,

if your worrying before the parts are installed you are going to be worrying for the next 5-7 years every time you drive the car, its not worth it