Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Front end driver rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIGGS000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front end driver rattle

I have a good feeling this has been covered but can't find a thread that seems to cover my issue. I recently, about 200 miles ago, replaced the front LCA bushings, ball joints and sway bar linkages all with MOOG. My front struts were replaced by a tire shop that I trust about 1500 miles ago. I replaced all 4 tires about 400 miles ago and had an alignment done. Prior to my work the car was running pretty rough. It's doing better now but still a little rough due to the cold NY weather. Up until today everything has been great and now a rattle type sound has started on the front driver side. It mainly happens on little bumps/digits through out the road and usually not on big bumps. The car still rides the same but it now makes this noise. It sounds like something is loose and rattling around. So, when I got home I jacked her up and took the tire off. Everything still feels nice and tight. I did an inspection and couldn't see/feel anything loose, broken or cracked.

After I had finished the work I took it to have my alignment checked and it was still good. The guy brought me back and showed me the computer and it was all in the green.

I have a recall out that I'm gonna get scheduled. I'll have them check out the problem if we can't figure it out before then. So, any ideas?

Last edited by BIGGS000; 01-02-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2013
Registered!!

Re: Front end driver rattle

There's another post talking about similar issues but seems to be when they are turning. I took the car out and whether I'm turning like normal or making a hard turn it doesn't seem to have an affect on the noise. Also, when just turning the steering wheel I get no noises.
Old 01-05-2013
Registered!!

I guess I was just searching for the wrong things. Found a post just like my problem. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...am-fed-up.html
Old 02-25-2013
Registered!!

ZionTheMerciful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BIGGS000
I have a good feeling this has been covered but can't find a thread that seems to cover my issue. I recently, about 200 miles ago, replaced the front LCA bushings, ball joints and sway bar linkages all with MOOG. My front struts were replaced by a tire shop that I trust about 1500 miles ago. I replaced all 4 tires about 400 miles ago and had an alignment done. Prior to my work the car was running pretty rough. It's doing better now but still a little rough due to the cold NY weather. Up until today everything has been great and now a rattle type sound has started on the front driver side. It mainly happens on little bumps/digits through out the road and usually not on big bumps. The car still rides the same but it now makes this noise. It sounds like something is loose and rattling around. So, when I got home I jacked her up and took the tire off. Everything still feels nice and tight. I did an inspection and couldn't see/feel anything loose, broken or cracked.

After I had finished the work I took it to have my alignment checked and it was still good. The guy brought me back and showed me the computer and it was all in the green.

I have a recall out that I'm gonna get scheduled. I'll have them check out the problem if we can't figure it out before then. So, any ideas?

Bump. I'm having the same problem on my 03' and it's not like the previous video.