Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

vtec swap almost done, but not starting

Old 08-08-2012
02Civicstock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02Civicstock is an unknown quantity at this point
vtec swap almost done, but not starting

i got all done swappimg in newer motor with vtec head but now i am not getting spark or fuel. the wiring harness and ecu are out of automatic and of course im running my old 5spd. when i put old manual ecu in i get nothing, when the automatic ecu is in, it cranks but no spark or fuel... and ideas guys..?
Old 08-09-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough
Re: vtec swap almost done, but not starting

The keys are not recognized by your new ecu and the immobilizer is doing its job lol. Is the green key light on?
Old 08-09-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Yea I'll have to second that one...the only other thing I can think of is the crank sensor isn't working...the car won't start if it doesn't know when cyl 1 is at tdc. My buddy had the same issue with his mazda p5...the woodruff key on his crank pully slipped out and the pully moved just enough to throw the timing out of whack. Either way, start with the immobilizer.
Old 08-09-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I concur with the immobilizer, rather, your key needing to be reprogrammed, being the culprit. You won't be able to go to the dealership and use your VIN to get it reprogrammed either.