Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

help 2005 civic ex will not start

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chris1971 is an unknown quantity at this point
help 2005 civic ex will not start

i am new to this forum and i am at a loss. i replaced the head gasketand timing belt on a 05 civic ex and now it will not start. it kind of sounds like something is off. i checked spark and i have spark also checked fuel and i have fuel going to injectors. i thought i might have missed something and took it all apart again and there was nothing redid timing and i checked all connections again and everything was connected. i have no compression and i am wondering if the timing could still be off and if it is could it have bent any valves. if it did bend valves how would i check it. i did notice when i took the head off the second time it looked like the valves were stuck in the head there was no space between valve or head. is there supposed to be a little gap between the valves and head also when i was checking the timing with the valve cover off the rocker arms seemed to go up and down no problem could the valves be bent and the rocker arms still go up and down. i just do not know what to do i have never had this problem before i have changed head gaskets before and enver had any issues. i also change cam shaft sensor could it be the crank shaft sensor i am not getting any codes i have no idea could someone give me some advice on what i could be missing.
Old 08-08-2012
02Civicstock

02Civicstock is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: help 2005 civic ex will not start

if you have no compression u either have bent the valve(s), or u need to adjust or valves aagain. to check for bent valves, take the head off and flip it upside down and fill the combustion chambers with gas level with deck surface. take a break and come back in 10 minutes and see if the level has dropped. i bent some valves turn ing the camshaft with timing belt off. if ur valves clearance is too tight then the valves arent closing leaving u with no compression
Old 01-12-2013
Registered!!

jimmycivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: help 2005 civic ex will not start

when setting your timing its dummy proof take it all back apart make sure the arrow on the cam is facing up and the crank arrow is facing the notch then put it back together and it should start back up