Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Random Wheel Noises

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Random Wheel Noises

So the title explains it all. Its hard to describe the nose, but it's comming from my right wheel area. Checked and the lower ball joint is toast and the axle pops out of the tranny about a half inch everytime I drive it. Losing precious oil is not fun. My questions are, will the lower ball joint make a noise when broken? And will the broken ball joint be the cause of my axle popping out?
Old 01-30-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Random Wheel Noises

Yes and yes but, the ring holding it the tranny is obviously gone too. Fix that balljoint ASAP, your putting your own life and the lives of everyone around you in danger.

If you don't believe me, this is what happens when your balljoint fails. Lots of fun at highway speed.
Name:  balljointfailure.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  140.5 KB
Old 01-31-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the stripped axle pics from this thread....https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4585861
Old 01-31-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Damn. That's crazy. Any good recommendations on ball joint brands?
Old 01-31-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a dealer tech, I say Factory.
Old 01-31-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

MOOG or OEM.