Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

01 LX Front sway bar endlinks?

Old 11-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DerekxxCore is an unknown quantity at this point
01 LX Front sway bar endlinks?

While in the middle of taking my front lca's off to replace the bushings, I ran into an issue with my endlinks. Apparently whoever had the car before me either tried to replace the bushings or the sway bar- I really don't know. All I do know is that they completely stripped the spot where you have to put the allen key to get the endlink off, so when I put the allen in and my wrench over the nut, the whole thing just spins

I'm guessing I have to cut them off, bought two new endlinks from the dealership (the old ones looked pretty haggard anyway, so I felt it was justified) but is there an alternative to cutting them? Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks guys
-Derek
Old 11-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: 01 LX Front sway bar endlinks?

Hammer in a slightly bigger allen. Chances are it's gonna ruin the allen so, be prepared.

If you do have to cut them be careful to not cut the threads on the swaybar or you'll need a new swaybar too.
Old 11-25-2011
Registered!!

Wow thanks for that, honestly wouldn't of thought to be careful of the sway bar threads. Thanks a ton man!
Old 11-28-2011
Registered!!

ubnpast is on a distinguished road

You could have gotten brand new control arms with both bushings for about $50 ea, if the allen is stripped you can get a cut off tool (harbor freight has really good ones cheap), I used it to cut off my front LCA bolt which was frozen in the busing, 2 minutes and it was off
Old 12-05-2011
Registered!!

Update, bought a cutting wheel for my angle grinder for $3 at home depot, little bastrds came right off. New ones in and good to go!