Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

omni 70mm throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011
R.R. Adict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JohnHenry is an unknown quantity at this point
omni 70mm throttle body

I got a 70mm omni throttle body, and ported out the intake manny to match on the inlet.

My first qustion is at the bottom of the stock t.b there is a sensor that is not able to transfer to the omni 70mm t.b-- what is the fix?

Second, may be related to first, got a check engine light on after running fine first few runs...Then a little different shifting,power,low idle???

I understand tuning, and more for more....In time.

Please chime in and give me any help you can ...

Thankyou!!!
Old 10-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: omni 70mm throttle body

Pull the codes for the CEL, I bet one of them is for the tps sensor.
Old 10-26-2011
R.R. Adict

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Pull the codes for the CEL, I bet one of them is for the tps sensor.
I have searched the net for someone with this vehicle and upgrade to see how they did it, and I have had no luck finding anything... I know the tps is supposed to be reset. Is there another issue with it I'm not aware of?

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

um, aftermarket throttle bodies do not work well. i had all sorts of problems with just a stock tb that was ported a few mm bigger. the tps was never reading right and i always got a cel. this was with all the stock sensors on it too. with an auto trans, this makes the car barely driveable and unable to shift when it should. the problem is even if you somehow calibrate the tps sensor, there are other sensors that will get affected later on and the ecu will throw codes. they are expecting a certain air volume and speed.
Old 10-26-2011
R.R. Adict

Problem solved! This port and throttle body give a noticable increase in acceleration, not boost but I'm pleased. I had a small vacuum leak. I have videos and such I will post.

Sorry you had no luck with the idle, my 99 civic idled down low but I adjusted the throttle cable and shes perfect with better gas mileage and a quicker step!

Thank ya'll!