Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

flashing "D" and code P1753

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cajundude is an unknown quantity at this point
flashing "D" and code P1753

i have a 2001 civic that I am working on and could use some help.The car has 170k miles on it . It just recently threw the timing and i fixed that. When I started it to test drive it it started having new problems. The "D" is flashing in the instrument panel and the check engine light is on. When I pulled the code(s) I got code P1753. I am not real familiar with honda tranys, so any help would be great on how to trouble shoot this problem or fix it.
Old 03-13-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: flashing "D" and code P1753

P1753 Problem in Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve Circuit
Old 03-13-2011
Registered!!

cajundude is an unknown quantity at this point

is this an external part that is fixable or is a trany rebuild? I know there are two sets of solenoids on the front of the trany. One set of soleniods has 3 screws bolting it down and the other set has 6 bolts. are one of these related?
Old 03-13-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

sorry man i dont know too much about trannies but it sounds like a part you can unbolt from the case and replace with a new one. im not exactly sure where the solenoid is but ive heard of them sticking.
Old 07-08-2011
Registered!!

irochos101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any updates? I got the same problem blinking D4 and p1753
Old 07-08-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

See check and replacement here, the part is located on the front-facing top of the torque converter housing:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1...nvcsvcivic.png

The part number should be "28400-P6H-013". It should run you $25-35, and you can get it online (Majestic Honda) or at your local Honda dealership (they can order it).
Old 08-11-2011
Registered!!

pbylina is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2000 Honda CIVIC Ex. Codes P0118 and P1753. Flashing D.(drive). First my car died when I came to a stop on a red light. I was able to turn it back on and drive home. It died like when someone is begining to learn how to learn to drive stickshift and it shakes then dies. Now my car is able to start but it doesnt move. So far I changed the - SOLENOID ASSY., LINEAR - Part # 28250-P4R-315. And replaced the tranmission oil. I cleared the code but It came back on.

Any advice appreciated.
Old 01-11-2013
Registered!!

ericorlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

flashing "D" and code P1753. found a broken yellow/blue wire on torque converter clutch solenoid harness connector. a broken wire can cause transmission to have a hard/harsh engagement into drive and on take off in drive you will feel like you have no power and it feels like your starting out in third instead of 1st gear. Repaired broken wire and now transmission works like it should. hope this helps some of you out there who are at pulling their hair out!!! LOL!!!
Old 02-15-2016
Registered!!

malcolmgrey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: flashing "D" and code P1753

I checked out the two lower solenoids, the gear indicator, all of the connections and checked continuity of all solenoid leads. Could not get rid of the fashing D, ONLY THEN i read the forum notes about transmission shift solenoid. Replaced it and everything was cured, All gears available, no clunking into gear, lovely and smooth, no CEL , no Flashing D THANK YOU. None of the other sites I checked even mentioned this 5th solenoid (It is very difficult to get at but I am so glad I persevered, I was about to surrender and take the car to the shop!
Old 02-19-2016
Registered!!

Scout1 will become famous soon enoughScout1 will become famous soon enough

cajundude,

Exact same thing happened to my son's car. I had to change the head gasket and when I put everything back together I had the flashing "D" and P1753. I had absolutely no trans issues prior to working on the head gasket. Took the Torgue Converter Solenoid out and checked the coils with an ohmmeter and somehow it had gone bad. Replaced it and all was good.