Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clutch Help Pleasee!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicstew08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch Help Pleasee!

Heyy All!
This is my first post on the civic thread.. Be nice pleassee? :P

I've just bought an 04 honda civic 1.6 sport as a 2nd car, i've never been so happy!!...
...But.. driving back home today, i was slowing down using the foot brake and then changed from 3rd gear into 2nd (in slight traffic), and on the way bringing the clutch up, i think i felt a judder in the pedal.. now is this something im imagining?? or what?

(Does it help that i have a slight noise when idling, and when i press the clutch it goes away?)

Thanks in advance!
Stew
Old 10-20-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: Clutch Help Pleasee!

You could have some air in the line or possibly the clutch and pressure plate could be loose or the throw out bearing could be bad or something. And usually there is to different sounds when the clutch is up and the clutch is down and this is normal. But does your pedal still do this or have any other problems or is it fine now.
Old 10-20-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
You could have some air in the line or possibly the clutch and pressure plate could be loose or the throw out bearing could be bad or something. And usually there is to different sounds when the clutch is up and the clutch is down and this is normal. But does your pedal still do this or have any other problems or is it fine now.
is there any possible way of checking for air in the line? Are all those things your mentioning dangerous or bad for my poor little car...?? lol
My pedal doesnt do that all the time, maybe like 5% of the time when im slowing down in traffic? is it just bad driving maybe..? :P
Thanks for the reply
Old 10-20-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Ya just put a clear hose on the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder and loosen it and have someone pump the clutch. If there is air bubbles in the tube then there is air in it if not then you are fine. Make sure while doing this keep the reservoir full of fluid. And if the throw bearing is bad or the pressure plate is loose then yes it can cause bad things with your tranni. But since it only does it maybe 5% of the time then I dunno. It might be just you.
Old 10-20-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Ya just put a clear hose on the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder and loosen it and have someone pump the clutch. If there is air bubbles in the tube then there is air in it if not then you are fine. Make sure while doing this keep the reservoir full of fluid. And if the throw bearing is bad or the pressure plate is loose then yes it can cause bad things with your tranni. But since it only does it maybe 5% of the time then I dunno. It might be just you.
Ah alright, ill most certainly have a look at that..
And ill try driving abit differently? lol
Thanks very much for your help any ways!