Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fog lights are a pain!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BriGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Fog lights are a pain!

I bought some OEM fog lights for my '02 em2 about 2 and some years ago from procivic.com. These things have been a pain since i got them. Within the first 4 months one light burnt out on me, this happened again at 6 months. Then a year and some into having them one of the lights fell out of the housing and burnt through the bottom part of the bumper bellow it. There was one other case of one of them burning out. Now within the last few weeks i had another light burn out on me. Is this common for these lights to burn out this much and be this much of a pain. Is it wiring problem, installation problem, crappy bulbs...etc.?? Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated so i can decide what to do with them this time. Thanks
Old 02-28-2010
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Fog lights are a pain!

i run with nokya yellow bulbs no issues, unless i run into a big puddle of water and i mean big lol...other than that they are fine with me
Old 02-28-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

combination of bad install (due to crappy wiring) and non oem bulbs.
Old 02-28-2010
Registered!!

I have been replacing them with the H11 bulbs that they came with, so it must be bad wiring.. How often have you guys had to replace your fog light bulbs?
Old 02-28-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well name brands like philips/osram have long life, many hundreds of hrs. the worst ive seen is 250 for coated bulb and upto 1000 for long life.
Old 03-14-2010
Registered!!

Welp I took off the fog light housing an all to get a better look at it and found that the shiny chrome inside the light was covered with rust and the bulb itself has some sort of white residue on it. I am guessing that moisture somehow got in the housing and fried the bulb. I'm gonna be looking for new fog lights in the next couple of months (once i have money).. maybe yellow?? idk yet.