Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Bumpy rpm

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roger449 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Bumpy rpm

Hey guys, I just got an 01 1.7El its basically the Acura version of the civic in Canada. So after i run my car for 15-20 mins n the engine temperature builds up, the rpm gets a little bumpy SOMETIMES most noticable when idling, especially after I come to a stop. Sometimes its fine...and if theres a pattern I'd say its much less during the cold days. Any ideas? If there are no check engine light could the problem be any of the sensors or fuel pressure? I've also checked for a vacuum leak and the spark plugs look fine:S...PLEASE HELP this is driving me crazy
Old 12-12-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bumpy rpm

IAC valve bolted to the throttle body is dirty?
Old 12-16-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roger449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thx for the suggestion, I actually tried cleaning out the throttle body today at the shop...the problem is still there? any other suggestions? should i look into the sensors? MAP etc? also what about the coils and sparkplugs?
Old 12-16-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

did you clean the iac valve which has the coolant lines going to it and is bolted to the throttle body? its the only thing that controls idle rpm.