Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Concerned About Condition Of My New Preowned SI

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJCruiserSI is an unknown quantity at this point
Concerned About Condition Of My New Preowned SI

I picked up a 2007 SI yesterday at $16,500.00 w/30,000 miles. I know the original owner who is 50 plus years old and the car has every single service record. Everything performed at his dealer.
Overall condition:
MECHANICAL: Since the owner was in his 50's and has all service records this SI is one of the harder used ones to find where you are positive it was not abused in any way. EXCELLENT
INTERIOR: Is Very Good to Excellent.
EXTERIOR: A few painted over rock chips and a decent stain on roof that may come out with clay bar. Overall GOOD Condition.

My Biggest Concern is the rubber seals around the windows, doors, and sun roof.

This is a Florida car and I can already see deterioration on the rubber. The seal on the sunroof is stained and a bit pitted. The top right corner of both doors has a strip that is just beginning to show signs of cracking. The rear window seals don't look very good although its tough to tell.
Am I being impractical considering the fact that at $16,500 with a full Honda 100,00 Mile Drivetrain Warranty I cannot expect a car that looks like new correct? I simply could not afford 19-20K. It looks like you gotta spend 20K to get an SI that will look almost new.
Old 07-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Concerned About Condition Of My New Preowned SI

for a two year old car im shocked the rubber seals are bad already. i have a 2002 that was kept outside for most of its life (in hot 90F+ sun) and the seals look brand new. you may want to look into spending a bit more and replacing all the bad ones. check www.hondaautomotiveparts.com which is the cheapest site for oem parts if you buy alot of stuff together.