Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relk19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Scratches

So my brother decided to clean my car for me because he wanted to be nice. It turns out as he was drying it he pressed too hard and there are little scratches all over my car that can be seen reflected in the sunlight. Well of course i was very angry about that but since he cleaned it without asking its not a huge deal. My question is will it be easy to get the scratches out?
Old 06-25-2009
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Re: Scratches

depends on the scratch. Some kits can fade it a bit, works best for small ones. I got some today on my fenders, gonna wait for a body shop to fix it.
Old 06-26-2009
Registered!!

robber is an unknown quantity at this point

A good wax should take out any surface scratches, as long as it just scratched the clearcoat, and not the paint. I dont know if 3M still makes the stuff, but I always liked it best.

I presume it was just the clear, since you say you cant see the scratches unless under sunlight.
Old 06-26-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

meguiar's scratch-x will remove them. then 3m performance finish will blend in and cover any remaining scratches.