Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

my cars falling apart

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hyperactive is an unknown quantity at this point
my cars falling apart

ok, i need some advice. i had an accident in december where i wrecked my front suspension and bent my frame. it all got fixed by a shop whos business card i got from my dealer when i bought my civic( all my dealer does is oil changes, etc.) im getting some weird as$ sounds from my brakes when i try to slow down from 70mph+, on the brake pedal it feels like its the abs or something like that, but i dont think thats normal. if i hit a bump on the highway, my steering wheel jerks REALLy bad, and the whole front of the car is all over the place, its like that when im driving around town also (speed doesnt matter) the ride is really really harsh. for a couple of days now, i have a 5-speed Ex btw, im smelling the clutch burning when i change my gears, not all the time, but when i drive to work in the morning you can definitely smell something- clutch? the reason i think its the clutch is because its a pain the butt to change gears now, every single one of em feels kinda, i dont know how to describe it, its not smooth, its like i can almost "feel" the "teeth" on my gears when i shift. and now when i depress the clutch theres a clicking noise when its coming back up (the pedal) a bunch of loud clicks. sorry for the long lecture, but what should i do? is the dealer gonna be able to tell that my front was messed up? i still have dents around my sunroof that i didnt fix from that accident. any suggestion will help, and please spare me the "rub-it-in" ones. thanx
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
So you're trying to get these problems fixed under warranty by your dealer, and you're going to try and hide the fact that you were in an accident... is that right? Well, I don't think that'll fly, cuz most mechanics will be able to see right away whether a car's been in an accident or not.

Did you try and get your insurance to cover the damage? And that other mechanic should have some kind of warranty on the stuff that he fixed for you.
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point
yea like what Ronin said...take it back to wherever you got it fixed at and complaint to them. If they don't fix it for you, call your insurance and tell them what happened and you want that to be fixed!
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

01EXtc is an unknown quantity at this point
do the EXs have ABS? or is it just the EX's with side air bags? curious, anyway, ya i had to replace a whole subframe in another 01 i have, sucks dont it
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

seabass771 is an unknown quantity at this point
ex's have abs even the ones with out side air bags..
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

call my insurance ha? too bad i didnt report it to them, cause if i would and they would find out that my car was airborn for 39 feet, im pretty sure i would either loose my coverage( in other words i would say hello to high risk insurance) or my premium would go sky-high. so calling my insurance is out of the question. and i dont want honda to fix my front suspension but my tranny. if they find out about the accident, would they still cover the transmission?
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Dustman380 is an unknown quantity at this point
SELL IT!!!!!!!

My shizzit
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point

<< if they find out about the accident, would they still cover the transmission? >>

probably not
Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

blackworm is an unknown quantity at this point
Most bodyshops that I know of put lifetime warranties on their work. It sounds like your problems are still related to the crash. I would call your insurance company or if the wreck wasn't your fault call the other person's company and reopen your claim to get the rest of your car fixed.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Most bodyshops that I know of put lifetime warranties on their work. It sounds like your problems are still related to the crash. I would call your insurance company or if the wreck wasn't your fault call the other person's company and reopen your claim to get the rest of your car fixed. >>

If it wasn't his fault, I don't see why he didn't report it to insurance in the first place. From the sound of it... it doesn't look like anyone else was involved... but I could be wrong.

Take it back to the shop. You'll have to live with the truth that once your car is in an accident, it will never be the same again. The only thing you can do is take it back to the shop and tell them what's wrong. If they can't fix it, then you're left with a broken car and since you did not go through insurance for an accident that obviously didn't seem simple to fix, they can't consider it a total if the car is not fixable. You'd be stuck with someone very expensive to fix on your own. I dunno what happened to your car... I'd hate to hear the story on that one. Airborn 39 feet? I hope that's sarcasm. If not... glad to know the Civic kept you alive.

No one's gonna buy a car like that unless it had wings.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like the allrightment might be outo wack
Old 04-17-2002
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
It would help greatly if we knew the details of the accident - like how it happened, anyone involved, what was damaged on the car...everyone's going to be shooting out guesses until then...

And for everyone, I have a great deal of experience dealing with insurance, the process, and issues like that..so if anyone ever needs advice, don't hesitate to PM me!
T-X
Old 04-27-2002
Registered!!

ok, i got it fixed...under HONDA WARRANTY. i took it to the dealer and said my front end was messed up, they looked at it, asked me why my roof is all bent up, i replied that someone was trying to break in through the sunroof, and they said its a leaking left strut. "No biggie tho" the service department dude said " well fix it under warranty". they didnt realize that i hit a curb head on doing around 75mph, bounced off the road after landing nose first, hit another one and ended up in some weeds (for those of u wondering how i got airborn for 39 feet). damage? broken tire rods, struts, rims looked like daises, a-arms, bent frame. $2700 total. the shop had to do a good job since the honda mechanic dude didnt even realize what happened to that poor little civic. it all turned out pretty good ha? [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] 4 me [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]