Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Quirky electronics...OBC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poohlikeshunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Quirky electronics...OBC?

Hey...hoping someone else has seen this before...my brother's 01 civic started up this morning but the needles were spazzing out...the fuel gauge went from full to empty and it won't start. I'm sure someone else has had to have seen this before?

It was a little wet on the inside because it rained last night but the window was only open about an inch so I don't think it could have reached anything to cause damage like that.

Any will be appreciated!

Here's a vid of what is happening...

Old 04-03-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Quirky electronics...OBC?

Your battery is very low.
Old 04-03-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah or a loose connection.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poohlikeshunny is an unknown quantity at this point

OK...so the battery is definitely dead, jumped it and it was live, but shut down immediately and I used a voltmeter (grounding it to the car, and using the positive terminal to contact the copper in the alternator) and the voltmeter wasn't giving me anything...bad alt i assume...so need a new alt and belt, maybe a new battery, is there a diy on alternator removal?