Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2003 Civic keeps popping a fuse...read inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03ex4dr is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 2003 Civic keeps popping a fuse...read inside

My 2003 Civic keeps popping a fuse and I can't figure out why. I thought maybe one of you guys could maybe shed some light. This fuse is responsible for the taillights, parking lights, and all of the lighting surrounding the radio, as well as the cd player itself. Now when I replace the fuse, everything works except the radio/cd player. The unit turns on and the display is fully functional but there is no sound at all. I am at a loss and my warranty is expired. I am hoping to fis this myself. Anyone have any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LemmieHill is a jewel in the roughLemmieHill is a jewel in the roughLemmieHill is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2003 Civic keeps popping a fuse...read inside

You need a breaker, a wiring diagram, and a compass. Find all the wires that are related to your problem in the wiring diagram. Install the breaker (like a fuse but it doesnt open permanently). Now get your car to the point where it normally opens the fuse. Instead this time, the breaker will just click on and off when the circuit is fine and then overloaded. Start tracing all of your electrical lines with the compass (yes the cardinal direction device) and when you hit the wire where it is shorted to ground the compass needle will jump when the breaker clicks on and off. This is if you have a short to ground somewhere in the circuit, which it sounds like you do.