Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

DRL Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matias is an unknown quantity at this point
DRL Lights

so I've got a 2002 Civic LX, the DRL light goes off and on rapidly and there is a buzzing noise. The right front DRL light is also out. I checked some other topics, but there didn't seem to be a fix.

If i just change the DRL bulb will it fix it? or is it buzzing because of a problem with the DRL fuse or something?

Also, CD player won't eject. Anything I can do other than try to pull the disc out with plyers?
Old 10-10-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DRL Lights

change bulb first, if still buzzing, could be the relays or the module (behind hood release panel). cd player is common problem, just throw away and get another one off ebay. or aftermarket even better.
Old 10-12-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

If the buzzing noise goes away when you turn on your lights, then its a DRL relay problem. I'd just disable the DRL, it would be cheaper than replacing the relay.
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

hmm, ok...because the right headlight works when I turn the lights on, just not the DLR one.

How much are the relays anyways?
Old 10-13-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Is the buzzing coming from drivers side area ??

Some have said that the DRL control module can be repaired (the buzzing anyhow) by re-soldering the leads on the relay located inside the control unit on the circuit board. At one time there were pictures posted somewhere.
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

I cant remember how much it was, but it was either close to or over $100 CDN.

Here is the post that I found earlier, but never attempted to do that may fix the problem, https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ewed-am-i.html
Old 10-17-2008
Registered!!

yea, drivers side.