Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

ep3 vs. dc5.. opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough
ep3 vs. dc5.. opinion

2002 ep3 (i love the tails and heads compared to the newer ones) vs. 2002 dc5 (type s ... love the tails and heads compared to the newer ones.)

if u had the option to get one of the 2 listed above... which would you get and why? im actually considering one of the 2.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Re: ep3 vs. dc5.. opinion

oops sorry, i think i put this on the wrong section...
Old 01-11-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

dc5 because i said so!
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
dc5 because i said so!
lol ok... you sold me lmao.... for real tho, i love the interior of the ep3. will take over the dc5. i love the exterior of the dc5 will take over the ep3. thats where im stuck.... ive grown to actually like the mini odyssey lol of course for the 2002 yr. i know the type s has more hp but in all honestly, im not about to race. mainly trying to make a clean ride. lowered, 16inch rims etc...
Old 01-11-2008

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

interior sucks on the ep3. (look at the shifter)

It may be "rally style" but it looks tacky...

you can get Hondata for both too!
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

shifter grew on me. use to think that was horrible. i love the black suede w red stiching, thats why i got the ep3 seats in my em2. i absolutely love it. the dash and guages look good too. again the locationof the shifter grew on me... mayb ill get the dc5 and get recaros.... but thanks for ure input... i dnt know how u did it but im leaning towards to dc5 now....
Old 01-11-2008
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid question. If dc5 and ep3 seats both fit in an em2, doesn't that mean the ep3 seats should fit in a dc5?? Just something to consider, especially since you seem to already have a set of ep3 seats.
Old 01-11-2008

i also think the dc5 has "better" mod options...

kits look tacky on the ep3 also.
Old 01-11-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I've seen some clean ep3's... I like the rsxs- much easier to make it clean, better platform for modifications if you ever want to do them in the future. Only thing is its a lot more like your em2... just better looking (subjective) and faster. Find some jdm tails for the rsxs, swap the steats in, along with shifter, redo door panels if you want and whatever else... drop it, rims, lip kit... and you'll have a pretty sick car. Look around at the kits for the ep3 and the rsx... kitted (body or lip) rsx's look pretty damn nice.
Old 01-11-2008
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

RSX type-s don't even have to think about that one...
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
Stupid question. If dc5 and ep3 seats both fit in an em2, doesn't that mean the ep3 seats should fit in a dc5?? Just something to consider, especially since you seem to already have a set of ep3 seats.
i know the the ep3 seats are direct fit to the em2, just gotta bend brackets. dc5 seats to em2, don't you have to drill something in order for it to fit? with that being said, ep3 seats won't fit on dc5 directly, you have to customize it to fit? - correct me if i'm wrong b/c i'm not really sure.

yea i do have ep3 seats, but if i get a dc5, i don't think i'd be bustin my ***** trying get stock seats for my car. i'll sell it as is. i can live with the dc5 interior.

i'm not even sure if i'll be going with this 100%, just had some thoughts today and i got all excited b/c it's affordable and in expensive for insurance for me. i'm sure all the excitement will go away soon lol. i'll realize that cars are a dumb investment. should put money down for a dwon payment for a townhouse lol lol.
Old 01-11-2008
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, i think you have to drill another hole on the rsx seats to get them in an em2, however, given all that, I'm pretty sure the ep3 seats would fit in the dc5 with minor mods, too. It's just something to think about. Personally, i'd take the leather in the rsx anyway.
Old 01-12-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

You walk into a club and say "I drive an Acura..."

Or you can say "I drive a Honda...."
Old 01-12-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Envy
You walk into a club and say "I drive an Acura..."

Or you can say "I drive a Honda...."
ACURA is HONDA . . . Same Thing. Look under the hood of an Acura it will say, Honda. Acura is sold in North America as luxury vehicles under the same manufacturer, Honda. Why? b/c it sells! Don't get me wrong, I'm sold to luxury. If I could afford it, I'd get me a brand spankin new 08 Acura TL or or 08 Lexus IS350. You probably know this just like many others on this forum but if you look at Japan, they don't sell Acura, they sell Honda. Honda Integra (RSX), Honda Accord (TSX - euro/jdm?). Same thing goes for Lexus/Toyota, Infiniti/Nissan, etc..

Im damn proud to be an owner of a Honda... If I walked into a club I can say I drive a Honda with no shame what so ever. Hell if I do get a DC5, I'd probably say I drive a Honda!. Maybe not, LOL.. but that's the cars true soul. It is a HONDA and it is still and will be an Integra!

Sorry, not trying to bust chops. Not trying start a fight/arguement/whatever. just thought i'd blah blah blah....

Anyways . . . Have a great day/night!

Last edited by DaSilverCivic; 01-12-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-12-2008
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice

Ep3 shifter is comfortable. probably best thing out of ep!

Honestly, who cares if they are ugly looking, they are functional.
Especially at track.

I miss it, all of mods are off from my ep3 as TODAY.
I was at honda dealer to get hondata kpro swapped and asked 3 times if ep3 is 08 model.

Type S is NICE, dont get me wrong.
It is very very common.
Old 01-12-2008
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice

Ep3 shifter is comfortable. probably best thing out of ep!

Honestly, who cares if they are ugly looking, they are functional.
Especially at track.

I miss it, all of mods are off from my ep3 as TODAY.
I was at honda dealer to get hondata kpro swapped and asked 3 times if ep3 is 08 model.

Type S is NICE, dont get me wrong.
It is very very common.

Now that K24's are getting cheaper.
They are direct swap with CRV passenger motor mounts and kpro.
K24 + S/C = FUN
Old 01-13-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

i know Honda = Acura. But most people dont. So in America, Acura has more cachet.