Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Whats it called???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Whats it called???

Well some might've seen in other posts I keep complaining about my exhaust leak between my OBX header and factory downpipe on my ex. All i need to do is find a donut gasket that fits, stick it there, tighten eveyrthing up and yay no more crappy sound.. so question is

i went to NAPA, Advance Auto, and Pep Boys looking for a DONUT GASKET.. But they dont seem to have that in there computer systems. None of them know wat im talking about aparently...and napa didnt have the proper size for my obx becuz..they dont know wat it is and i know the factory one doesnt fit.. so...whats this thing called. ive always heard it as DONUT GASKET... is there another more technical auto tech term for it? something specific? thanks whoever can figure it out..and even more thanks and rep to someone who knwos wat size will fit the obx..

thanks..
Old 08-22-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Whats it called???

Honda calls it a "flexible gasket" which doesnt really help. It might be called something dumb like a conical crush gasket, but I've always heard it called a donut gasket. If you have a spare, bring it to them. As of a couple months ago, no one made an aftermarket one for the stock system, you had to get them from Honda.
Old 08-22-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Whats it called???

yea well this aftermarket header seems useless to me so im thinking about just taking it off and going with oem..regardless i cant find it anywhere. i even brought one to pep boys and to advance auto and theyre like ..whooaa dude wats that?? and napa just didnt have a matching size.. not even one for my vehicle!

i might just go to honda but... id liek one for the aftermarket header..just in case i decide to keep it.. im just not sure.. i just need a name for it. thanks boiler have sum rep..anybody else got input?