Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car starting slow during morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dandan05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Car starting slow during morning

hey guys, my 2002 Civic is having some troubles starting in the morning. I have the hold the key in much longer than usually before it fires up (engine turns, just doesn't fire). It's not cold in the morning, so that can't be the problem. After its been fired up, if i start it up later that day again, it starts fine. Any ideas?
Old 06-30-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough
Re: Car starting slow during morning

Mine did the same thing. I checked under the hood and the battery was getting some corrosion on it. Cleaned it off and it's been gravy since. This may help you, it may not. Just a suggestion.
Old 07-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all

if it cranks over like normal, the battery really isnt the issue. you may have a internal fuel leak that is causing the car to take longer to crank over. what I mean is if you let the car sit overnight and you have say a fuel injector that is partially stuck open, fuel from the rail will leak into the engine and in the morning since there is no fuel pressure in the rail the car will take longer to crank before it starts. has to fill the rail back up. if you start the car throughout the day and it doesnt happen, it may be a slow leak. it could also be leaking back into the tank through the fuel pump.
Old 07-01-2007
Registered!!

dandan05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought there might be a leak somewhere I'll take it into honda I guess. The stealership would love to look at it.