Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Taking off OEM optional wing and making the stock 3rd brake light work

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBP EX will become famous soon enoughEBP EX will become famous soon enough
Taking off OEM optional wing and making the stock 3rd brake light work

My 01 EX coupe was given to me with the OEM optional wing, and I hate it. I hate wings on almost any car. I started to take it off yesterday, and it was smooth sailing until I realized that the third brake light is in the wing. Basically, I want to know if it's easy enough for anyone to explain what to do to reconnect the 3rd brake light that's in the rear window.

I know it may not be easy, or even possible, to type out how to do this, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-16-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Taking off OEM optional wing and making the stock 3rd brake light work

its easy man. since it is the optional oem wing, it means that the window brake light must have worked at some point time..or else why leave it there. the + and - wires should be there somewhere nicely tucked away. find out where the wires for the wing are connecting to and when u take them out, just put the wires from the window light into the same slot the wing ones came out of.