Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Solution -Grinding noise while acclerating in 1st and 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
Solution -Grinding noise while acclerating in 1st and 2nd gear

I went to my neighbourhood Honda for an Oil change and regular stuff. Mentioned about my problem which is similar to some other members here that have mentioned it. Funny grinding kind of noise in 1st and 2nd gear while accelerating.

I took one of the mechanics with me for a test drive so that they could understand what i meant. And within the first few seconds the guy caught it and gave me this solution.

Replace Main Shaft Bearing, It seems to be worn out. Part costs under $20 and u have to get a lubricant which is also under$20. But Labor... NO COMMENTS

Sigh ... Now lets see if it works .. Im gonna look for a private mechanic to do it though ...
Old 05-05-2009
Registered!!

evolutionmr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Solution -Grinding noise while acclerating in 1st and 2nd gear

i'm having the exact same problem you described...let me know if this works...if so i will go and get it done as well
Old 06-02-2009
Registered!!

breault5 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah is it like a noise thats similar to the sound of putting a baseball card in your spokes on your bike when you were a kid.? kinda liek a thudding noise?...
when you put your clutch in does the noise stop??
Old 06-02-2009
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

is this for auto or mannys?
Old 06-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johnnyboy5000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mani_is_kool
I went to my neighbourhood Honda for an Oil change and regular stuff. Mentioned about my problem which is similar to some other members here that have mentioned it. Funny grinding kind of noise in 1st and 2nd gear while accelerating.

I took one of the mechanics with me for a test drive so that they could understand what i meant. And within the first few seconds the guy caught it and gave me this solution.

Replace Main Shaft Bearing, It seems to be worn out. Part costs under $20 and u have to get a lubricant which is also under$20. But Labor... NO COMMENTS

Sigh ... Now lets see if it works .. Im gonna look for a private mechanic to do it though ...
There's a sticky at the top of Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum called DIY: Diagnose manual Tranny Noises (and save some $$$). My car has this problem. It was diagnosed at 100k miles, july 2006. I'm at 160k with not fixing it and the car runs the same. Just more noise when the clutch is up.

The Honda dealer wanted $1700 to fix the main shaft bearing and install a new clutch.