Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clutch Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Clutch Problems

I pulled my car in my garage to fix a exhaust leak. I pulled off the header and turbo, fixed the leak and reinstalled. I then noticed that the bracket for my slave cylinder was busted. I buy a new slave cylinder and install. I go to bleed the lines and my pedal is dead to the floor. I kept pumping and pumping and tried gravity bleeding and I still have no pedal.

When pulling into the garage, I parked it up on 2x10's so I can get a jack under the car. I am wondering if maybe this caused something in the transmission to break my slave cylinder like that?? I have my transmission apart from the motor and the throw out bearing seems fine and nothing seems wrong with the clutch

Any ideas ??
Old 06-11-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Clutch Problems

What you mean dead? Will it come back up? im going to say it wasnt probably a good idea to replace one hydraulic alone... When one fails if the other is week you will cause the good one to fight the other. Unfortunately for me mine both went out at the same time.. and now the fingers on my clutch broke. So if you replaced the Slave, im going to go with replace the master and check it... then if thats not it.... its going to be the clutch..

Last edited by TransformedBG; 06-11-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-12-2007
Registered!!

Silverstreak04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks I was lookin for that answer. I changed the motor in my car and forgot to put both bold for the slave cylinder. When i pushed on the clutch pedal the clave moved and ****ed up. So i rebuilt it and when i went to go bleed it the Master went. I replaced the master and still could no getany pressure. After pumping the pedal like 50times I went and bought a new a slave from honda. Well after doing that I still could not get a firm pedal. I looked at the master and it was leaking where the pushrod comes off the pedal. I think all that Pumping wore out the master... Now i got a new and new slave and im gunna try it out... I hope thats the problem.. Any suggestions
Old 06-12-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
What you mean dead? Will it come back up? im going to say it wasnt probably a good idea to replace one hydraulic alone... When one fails if the other is week you will cause the good one to fight the other. Unfortunately for me mine both went out at the same time.. and now the fingers on my clutch broke. So if you replaced the Slave, im going to go with replace the master and check it... then if thats not it.... its going to be the clutch..

Yeah, it is completely dead. It doesn't take any pressure to push it to the floor and it will not come back up. I have the tranny out now, I am gonna put a new clutch in anyway. If I can't get it to bleed, then I'll try a new master.
Old 06-12-2007
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

You sure your bleeding it properly?