Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

SRS light problem/check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
SRS light problem/check engine light

before anyone says anything, I've already searched and I've already tried to reset the light countless times.

i get sick of staring at my SRS and check engine light in my car, so I want to eliminate one of them for good (or both). i have RSX leather seats, and they're hooked up right as far as I can tell. i didn't swap them in, so i'm not sure if the battery was unhooked or anything when it was done or not. anyway, i've tried to reset the SRS light numerous times now, and it always comes back on. what should I try next? i'm assuming that the OPDS unit could be bad, and do you know if the dealership would diagnose and fix the problem even though they aren't the stock seats?

as for the check engine light, I was told it was a leak in the EVAP system (and I checked it with my mac tools mentor program) and it gave me the same exact code. I can clear it and it usually comes back on within 24 hours. I don't have the original gas cap on my car, so I'm wondering if that could make a difference. The cap gets plenty tight enough, but I'm still wondering if having the stock cap is necessary. Other than that, where can I go about starting to fix an EVAP problem? I'm also k-swapped.

any help is appreciated.
Old 06-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Re: SRS light problem/check engine light

Bump for help
Old 06-25-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly I just blocked out my airbag light. I took the cluster out, took a small piece of electrical tape, and put it over the LED. Problem solved. Well, at least the idiot light was solved. The dealership should be able to diagnose it though, even though they are RSX seats.

Give me the engine codes that you're throwing and I'll give you the dealership troubleshooting procedure. A bad seal on the gas cap will cause your car to throw an EVAP code, depending on which one it throws.
Old 06-26-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all

yes aftermarket gas caps will cause the check engine light. i failed emissions a few years back and the shop sold me a $20 gas cap but every few months the check engine light would come on for evap leak. i changed the cap and never came back. that was over 50k miles ago.