Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP: Squeeking from rear drum -> not worn pads

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keitaro is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP: Squeeking from rear drum -> not worn pads

I've noticed ever since I recently put my winter steelies on that every time I release my brakes while driving (car in motion), there will be a small quiet short squeek comming from the rear driver side drums. This only happens right when I release the brake pedal, and there has to be a slight motion in the car.

I am thinking it might be one of the return springs just squeeking when I let go of the brake.

Has anyone ever exp. this problem or might know of other causes for this problem?

Thanks!

Last edited by keitaro; 12-30-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
its a common thing with honda. I believe it is from the rear brake hardware. I replaced it, the sound went away for awile but comes back. I dont see it as a big deal though. talk to honda, I bet they know what the cause is.
Old 12-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keitaro is an unknown quantity at this point
uhh crap, so i pulled the drums off and asked my dad to start actuating the discs (note i did not touch anything on the brakes, just the drum off using the bolts do drive it out). Then boom, a huge squirt of DOT3 came at me.. i went ****, the rubber cover blew off and DOT3 squirted everywhere.. dammit..

Road Side is comming up to pick the car and send to dealership
Old 12-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
you arent supposed to do that with the drums off. now you need new wheel cylinders, the system bled and they will probably try and sell you new rear brakes.