Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yellowcoppy95 is an unknown quantity at this point
any thoughts?

ok so here is where im at with the engine being put back together:

i put the parts back on and tried to start it up. well the battery i had in there was beyond dead so i had my g/f's dad come an djump it with his jeep. we got it hooked up and tried to start it up, to no avail. the car acted like i had left the lights on for like 3 hours and was trying to turn over but it just couldnt do it. well i bought a new battery and put it in and tried again but this time it didnt even try to turn over. instead it just kept making this clicking noise right behind the ecu in the glove box. so now im trying to figure out what else might be wrong. my next step is to get the starter checked out and see if that might be causing the problem. if that doesnt fix it then what else could it be? any and all opinions are welcomed
Old 11-28-2006
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
theres a good chance its something simple that you are just not seeing..
theres a bazillion things it could be.. recheck to make sure all bolts and nuts are there and screwed down correctly... check and make sure all wires are fully connected and connected to the correct things and in the correct order... after you check it once.. check it again...

after that just start checking it system by system.. check all the fuses and all that fun stuff... im sure you will find that its some simple lil thing you just missed
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yellowcoppy95 is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so i have checked all my loose ends and what not, talked to my mechanic and am still stuck. i checked the grounding cable and then tried to start it up after replacing the battery. now the car doesnt even want to start up..... i am going to take off the starter and have autozone check it to see if that might be the problem.... anybody else wanna pitch their ideas?