Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help me Diagnose a Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2 Bluez is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me Diagnose a Problem

I dont drive a 7th gen anymore but ive been on this site for a year and had great educational experiences so i come to you guys. I have a DA Integ with a b18c motor. . . . The car was running fine then after acouple of days it stopped running. I would crank the car and it wouldnt start. At first i thought it was the Sparkplugs and it was really low so i replaced them and the sparks were strong. Yet it still didnt start, I mean i cranked the car alot i can hear it try and turn over so next guess was Fuel. . . So i checked furl pump seemed good, fuel pump seemed good, but when i checked the spark plugs again it hit me that i didnt smell any fuel, usually cranking the car that much i would have flooded the motor but to my surprise. I know this is long but i really need to get this resolved and telling you guys what i did. Any Advice would be great. Thanks in Advance.
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
well you need to do some tests to determine the cause of the no start. remember you need air, fuel, spark and compression to start.

If I were you, I would get a fuel pressure gauge and check if you have fuel pressure at the rail. if not, you can start easy and replace the fuel pump relay and see if it then starts. If not, either the fuel pump is faulty or a blown fuse. last but not least a wiring issue.

if fuuel pressure is good and you said you get spark, you have another issue.
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2 Bluez is an unknown quantity at this point
Well fuel pressure gauge is really expensive. but i checked the fuel rail and there s fuel flowing to it. I checked the fuel pressure regulator and its closed, should it be closed? i tried making a vacuum in the regulator and it wasnt open. should it be like that? and if its not do you think that would be the problem or is there something else. Maybe the fuel injectors??
Old 10-18-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
do a compression test first the tool is only $40. also this prolly isnt it but when my vtec solenoid got stuck, the car would crank forever and not turn over. may want to open it up and clean everything and push the button a bunch of times. seems your spark is good, the fuel pressure may be low due to clog injectors but they cant really just die in a few days. is oil good? is intake system clean like tb and aic valve?
Old 10-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
first off just because you have fuel at the rail doesnt mean the pump is good. your fuel pump has 2 jobs, to produce pressure and volume. you can have lots of volume flowing to the rail, but if there is no pressure in it, you arent starting. I experienced the same issue awhile back. My pump failed, yet when I disconnected the line at the rail, fuel came fllowing out. but when the shop checked it, there was no pressure. besides you can buy a gauge for around $40 from any auto parts store.