Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

engine check light "emissions light"

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FroggerDude is an unknown quantity at this point
engine check light "emissions light"

i have a oem alarm/keyless entry/starter. and when i lock the door with my remote i'm supposed to open it with my remote. if i lock with my remote and open with my key then it screws up and the computers mess up or something and the emissions light comes on. well.. the first time they fixed it for free, but they said the next time their gonna charge me. and it happened again.. does anyone know how to reset this light? please help.
Old 03-16-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno man, that sounds kind of whacked to me. Your OEM/Alarm is making your Check Engine Light come on? That really doesn't make any sense to me at all. I think they are blowing smoke up your [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] . I would take it in and tell them it is a warranty thing, I would tell them you have no clue why it came on. I really doubt that the ECU has a code "Used key to unlock door" If you know someone who has a OBD II code reader I would hook it up to the ECU and find out what code is causing it to come on. They are listed in the Haynes manual.
Old 03-17-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah that sounds like bullsh*t to me. is that the honda oem alarm, or is it an aftermarket alarm? i know you said oem, but the honda oem alarm doesnt have a starter[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] if its an aftermarket alarm, they probably did something wrong or weird to make it work (which could mean honda might void your warranty on more than just the electrical system) you should go back and make them explain to you exactly WHY using the key causes that problem, and also make them explain how to reset the light (since they already did it, you do have a right to know EXACTLY what they did to your car, so dont let them try to charge you for the info or anything)
Old 03-17-2002
Registered!!

FroggerDude is an unknown quantity at this point
yah its a OEM alarm/starter/keyless entry. i have an automatic. well this is what happens/ed.
i always lock the door with my remote. and unlock with my remote.
i wnated to open my truck.
i pressed the botton, i didn't wait for it to beep twice. only once and i already stuck teh key in the truck. so the alram went off. press the botton to turn it off. when i start my car. the check engine light is on. this is where i start swearing and say..Not again!...