Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Have any of you ever called Honda Client Relations about your problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
droidekaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Have any of you ever called Honda Client Relations about your problems?

I called them today and gave them a piece of my mind. That's what old people do. We call/write and make their lives miserable.

My dealership called and told me that the speedo head I need replaced is on F*CKING BACKORDER! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] You know what that means? There's a lot of other people with the same f*cking problem waiting for 3-4 weeks just like me. This happening to a three week old car was the proverbial f*cking straw for me. I cannot believe that after the bullsh*t fiasco I went through with my CL-S being in and out of the shop for 37 days, I went against my better judgement and bought my wife another f*cking Honda product. I am a STUPID, STUPID man. If this was my first experience with a failure I would not be so angry, but GODDAMIT if I'm not cursed.

The reason I called was to start a case file. This is the BEST way to document problems that you have with your car. F*ck dealership records. When you call the client relations line you get a case worker assigned to you who will document everything you have to say, but be professional about it. I didn't say any cuss words on the line (not even a "damn") because you never know when your call is being monitored and the more professional you are, the better your chances of receiving prompt and satisfactory resolution of your issues. I gave them my entire history of this being my forth Honda product in six years, how I still owned the '96 Civic coupe that is virtually bullet-proof, the POS Acura CL-S that become the most unreliable car I had ever owned in 16 years of driving, and my general dismay in Honda's level of QC as of late. Oops. Shouldn't have used a buzzword like "QC", she had no idea what I was trying to say. "What do you mean by 'QC'?" "Quality Control. Something which appears to be lacking in the entire Honda line-up."

I just want to give this f*cking car back. I'm not about to start down this path of taking a new car into the shop every f*cking month like I did with the CL-S. I really do like Hondas and the Civic. I just can't believe what problem-prone pieces of sh*t these once unstoppable cars have become. Do yourselves a favor and call 1.800.999.1009 and start a file if you have some issues with your car that your dealer cannot resolve.

Thanks for letting me whine like a little bitch. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
My leaking left front strut is on backorder too. Been waiting 2 weeks. Fortunately, my car is still driveable.

What other problems do you have with your EX, besides the speedo? And what happened to your CL? Damn, those are supposed to be nice cars...

Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

droidekaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<< What other problems do you have with your EX, besides the speedo? And what happened to your CL? Damn, those are supposed to be nice cars... >>

I don't have any other problems with the Civic besides the fact that I ALREADY have a problem after only three weeks. THAT is what I'm most pissed off about.

My CL-S was a HUGE POS! Let me run down the list of what happened in only two years of ownership.

1. IMRC Actuator replaced TWICE (This controls the plenum opening in the dual-stage intake at 4800 RPM. If this broke, you literally lost around 25-30 HP.)
2. Rotors machined TWICE
3. Master Cylinder replaced
4. Brake pads replaced on MY dime BEFORE they issued the TSB on the sh*tty pads.
5. Air Idle Valve replaced TWICE
6. Transmission replaced while I waited 27 f*cking days to get my car back that I was leasing for $550 a month.

All in all, my CL-S spent close to 40 days in the shop during a 23 month period. I'm sure you can see why I'm so goddamned made about this rather small problem with the Civic. I do not want another experience like I had with the Acura.
Old 03-14-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
i smell a lemon car.
Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
i havent had any problems with my 2002 ex coupe yet, hopefully you just got a defective part and everything else will be fine after this [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, that sure is upsetting to hear. I am on my fifth honda, well six including my wifes. Anyhow, all were driven to over 100k. One accord had the starter go out at 100k, replaced under warranty. My wife's accord's cv joints went at 120k. That's it. I think you are just unlucky or something. Honda makes a great product, but they are obviously not all perfect. I hope your situation doesn't happen with my 2k2 vic.
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

nycivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Customer relations actually contacted ME after I filed a complaint with the BBB. They just sit there and try to calm you down. You can rant and rave all you want but it won't get anywhere. I think if you speak matter of factly and put out threats like, I am planning to launch a website to expose all of your methods. I am also writing to my elected officials and am contacting a lawyer. Also threaten them that there problem is a safety issue and if anything should ever happen to you that you will sue their pants off. tell them that you'll go on one of those consumer advocacy programs you always see on the news...whatever you can think of! The reason I say this is that sometimes there are people who monitor the calls on their representatives. Sometimes they WILL fear your wrath!

I had a friend of mine get out of a MITSIBISHI GALANT w/faulty brakes for this very reason.

MARCH ON! take the fu¢kers down!
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright I'm going to try and get a hold of a lawyer friend of mine that does class action suits and see if we have a case. Before I do that I kinda would like to know how many people would be intrested in being part of the class.
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

nycivic is an unknown quantity at this point
2cute, YOU KNOW you can add me to the list!
Old 03-18-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
when was there ever a class action suit for a few lemons? lemons are a fact of life and even honda has some. just because a couple people got lemons doesnt mean there will be a class action lawsuit. if your lawyer thinks it will work then i bet you have a lawyer that youll be paying, win or lose. you could sue them over your particular lemon, but there will never be a class action lawsuit