Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

potential tranny prob

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grncivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
potential tranny prob

when my a/c is on. when i power shift it always grinds into 2nd but when i turn a/c off its fine lol wtf. what does the a/c have anything to do with the tranny? also sometimes my tranny wont let me shift into 1st gear and shifting into reverse is the same way. im confused will i need a new tranny soon. i drive my car really hard. what can i do to avoid this if i do change the tranny and get new upgraded clutch and flywheel? besides stop driving the car hard cuz that wont happen any tranny mounts or engine mounts that i could put on to stop the strain on the tranny when power shifting any help or anyone with similar prob please help
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grncivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
someone hlep me anyone ??????????????? wtf
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
[QUOTE=grncivic2001;4056104 i drive my car really hard. what can i do to avoid this if i do change the tranny and get new upgraded clutch and flywheel? besides stop driving the car hard cuz that wont happen any tranny mounts or engine mounts that i could put on to stop the strain on the tranny when power shifting any help or anyone with similar prob please help[/QUOTE]

your asking why your tranny is having bad shifts. then admit you drive really hard. then ask how can you avoid this with a new tranny. then say you wont stop driving hard. that is a dumb statement. sorry to say that, but STOP DRIVING HARD. that is how you will avoid having issues like that again if you do get a new tranny. you own a honda. the honda manaul tranny isnt made for extreme shifting and hard shifting. if you keep doing what you are doing, expect the same result with a new tranny.

any upgraded clutch will improve things, but not be the backbone to protecting the tranny.