Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

knocking suspension fixed under SERVICE BULLETIN

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opticalvetc is an unknown quantity at this point
knocking suspension fixed under SERVICE BULLETIN

I had that knocking sounds in the front suspension when going over speed bumps, or turning the corner and applying the brakes. it was starting to get annoying especially on a car with only 8000 km it. i took it to the dealer today. they gave me a loaner car (2002 civic sedan) anyways they called me at work about 6 hours later and told me my car was finished. i asked them what they did and they said they found the problem and its fixed. so on my lunch break i went and picked up the car. they replace both struts on the front and bearing plates. he told me there was a service bulletin out to fix that noise, common on all 7th gen civics. anyways the bill was over $800 CAN but it was all covered under warranty. anyways the service bulletin # was printed on the invoice and it is B07-042JJ-SXE-78

hope this helps. it sure makes a huge difference in my car

peace
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone know if that applies to canadian 7th gens only or all of them?
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

PiCASSO is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I had that knocking sounds in the front suspension when going over speed bumps, or turning the corner and applying the brakes. it was starting to get annoying especially on a car with only 8000 km it. i took it to the dealer today. they gave me a loaner car (2002 civic sedan) anyways they called me at work about 6 hours later and told me my car was finished. i asked them what they did and they said they found the problem and its fixed. so on my lunch break i went and picked up the car. they replace both struts on the front and bearing plates. he told me there was a service bulletin out to fix that noise, common on all 7th gen civics. anyways the bill was over $800 CAN but it was all covered under warranty. anyways the service bulletin # was printed on the invoice and it is B07-042JJ-SXE-78

hope this helps. it sure makes a huge difference in my car

peace
>>

Is your Civic a 2001 or 2002 model year? I haven't heard anything coming out of '02 (yet) with some 15,500 km on the clock.
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

unCIVilized is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got my car back for the same problem. it turned out to be a loose bolt on the contorl arm.[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

oatmeal is an unknown quantity at this point
guess what ..my car is in the dealer right now for the 11th time for this exact same problem...dealer can fix it but the problem comes back a couple of days later
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
Lemon Law!!
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
I swear I hear that sound in my 2k2... but I'm never too sure because I have the music on. It's happened when I've had to turn my car to make a right turn. I'm gonna pay more attention, though and if I hear it again, I'm gonna take it to the dealer and get it fixed. I started hearing this after I had an accident with my car.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

thirdhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I've got that problem with my '02 LX (5-speed): after a few potholes (normal in this town), the steering is sloppy. you might call it touchy -- on the highway especially it goes from side-to-side, and I have to constantly move the wheel. the first 3 months were great, I was happy as hell, but after a couple more months the steering sucks. someone said it might be bad struts or lower control arm bushings, how do you tell???? does anyone have the text of the service bulletin? thanks
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I think I've got that problem with my '02 LX (5-speed): after a few potholes (normal in this town), the steering is sloppy. you might call it touchy -- on the highway especially it goes from side-to-side, and I have to constantly move the wheel. the first 3 months were great, I was happy as hell, but after a couple more months the steering sucks. someone said it might be bad struts or lower control arm bushings, how do you tell???? does anyone have the text of the service bulletin? thanks >>

You should just take it into your dealer and let them have a look at your suspension components. Your problem could be one single part, or a combination of parts going wrong.

Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

speednbyu is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same thing, a popping sound coming from the front struts. Took it in to the dealer and they said they drove it and couldn't find anything wrong with it. So they lubricated something supposedly. But that is cool that you have the service # for us. Something to check in on. Man I just joined this site like a couple of days ago and already have gotten a ton of info from the forums. Thanks guys

Old 04-18-2002
Registered!!

UPRIZEN is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a rattle/knocking sound coming from my front driverside strut after I installed my GC coilovers.Everything is torqued to spec on the front suspension.Not sure if it's the same problem you guys are talking about.
Old 04-19-2002
Registered!!

madmax is an unknown quantity at this point
I took my 2k1 to the dealer yesterday for its first oil change and asked them to take a look at that too, had the same knocking sound comming from the front left side ,only when making a left turn?????
They looked at it and turns out that BOTH front shocks are leaking!!!!!! He ordered the parts and said that should get it fixed. Hope that is the problem.
I'll let you guy's know as soon as I get the car back!
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome, that is the information I have been looking for. My front right axle has been making that noise for a while, the dealership did not want to fixi t, cause of my coil-overs and new struts, but with the service bulletin number, I will make them fix it.
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Madmax, that is exactly what I am experiencing: the knock only happens when I back out to the left, or sometimes when I turn to the left...never to the right (well, not so far). I have an appointment with my dealer's service department in the morning, and I will let you know what they tell me.
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know if this knocking problem for both body styles? Mine's a sedan...
Old 05-01-2002
Registered!!

2Hondaz is an unknown quantity at this point
0100010 did you get yours fixed even though your car is lowered? Mine makes the SAME knocking sound going over bumps. Front driver side. Clunk, clunk. GRRRRRRRRRRR!! I'm worried they won't fix it cause it's lowered.
Old 05-01-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're still on stock struts, it's likely that the one on the left front side is leaking . Warranty issue.

Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear mine when I apply my brakes now. When I pointed it out to the dealer that I heard other Civics were having this problem, he asked me where did I hear it from, and I said, "this website" and he was like, "Oh no..." ... but he asked me more questions I couldn't answer... I'm glad this thread was bumped cuz now I'm gonna take the information from here and get my car fixed and tell them what what done to fix the noise and how some of us also heard it.
Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point

<< anyways the service bulletin # was printed on the invoice and it is B07-042JJ-SXE-78 >>

That is not the way the TSB#s are set up here in the states at least. They are generally 2 digits a hyphen and then three more numbers. As far as the knocking I had it then they replaced my CV boot, front ball joint, and knuckle bearing and it went away. But, it's baaaaaccckkkk.
Old 05-04-2002
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
so if i hear noise from the suspension, i can bring it to the dealer adn they can check out what's the problem and if something worng they will fix it free of charge since it is still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty right?