Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Rattling noise from rear window

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
graf304 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rattling noise from rear window

Does anyone else getb this? It seemed to start after I got my 17s put ont coupe months ago and it also seems like it happens alot more when it's cold out. I took it to the dealer and of course it was warm out and they didnt hear anything. It seems like today, even thought it's not that cold out, it's doing it more. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-02-2002
Registered!!

vandal is an unknown quantity at this point
my girlfriends civic does the same thing and its pretty annoying,she takin it to get it looked at towrds the end of the month
Old 03-03-2002
Registered!!

noypirider is an unknown quantity at this point
i suggest that you go back to your dealer and have the rear problem fixed. I actually had my car checked by a different dealer and told me that there was a problem with the rear shelf. The dealer should install new 5 mm flange nut onto each speaker mounting screw. The Service Bulletin : "Noise From the Rear Shelf".
Old 03-03-2002
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough

<< i suggest that you go back to your dealer and have the rear problem fixed. I actually had my car checked by a different dealer and told me that there was a problem with the rear shelf. The dealer should install new 5 mm flange nut onto each speaker mounting screw. The Service Bulletin : "Noise From the Rear Shelf". >>

But will the dealer do this if you have tore apart your rear deck to mod out the speakers. They, I know my dealer would blame the speakers, and have me play for the work.
Old 03-03-2002
Registered!!

DaveyD, I suggest u have to return the car to the person who installed ur rear speakers, unless it was u who installed it. the probable cause of this problem is loose flunge nuts holding ur rear speakers. just tighten them all and u r all set.
Old 03-03-2002
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
The only thing of mine that rattles is the damn brake light. Yea, I did my own install. Are these things like rubber washers or something, and do you think the Dealer would just give them to me, cuz im gonna be taking it apart and doing some sound mat install back there.
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

u might want to follow thie --&gt; Thread