Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Took car in to Dealer to get fixed *help*

Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trusted
Took car in to Dealer to get fixed *help*

I took my car in under warranty to replace the o2 sensor and Eld, they fix it for free unbelievable, Anyways i went to pick it up, half way home i saw the battery light flash once or twice,, thought nothing of it,, Im on my way home about a block from my house and i see the abs light flash and the SRS light!!!!

Ok so i stopped at the hardware store to get something and when i come out it wont start, Battery seemed dead, hoping its not the alternator. i call my bro for a jump, as soon as he gets there i try starting it once more,, it starts so i go to my house.. on the way up the street i lose all electrical power, rpms drop speedometer drops everything,, (engine still runs though, car didnt stall)

WTF DID HONDA DO TO MY CAR? BATTERY OR ALTERNATOR OR NEITHER? AND WHY IS THE ABS AND SRS ON NOW? WTF.

rep points to whoever helps

Last edited by teg91ls; 04-05-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2006
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Electrical issue - from my personal experience (ie last weekend), I can tell you it sounds like your alternator - but may consume your battery at the same time. Course my garage thought it was a ground at first but when it happened that night again with a fresh battery I knew what it was.. but yet they went and blamed my "mods" to drain the battery. *sigh* At least all is sorted out, good luck in your fix

The ABS/SRS systems come on as they have no power so they think it is a fault. Just don't try driving for long distances without the power to your console or you'll end up like me stuck on the side of the road (but at least the tow was free from there rather than what it would have cost me from before )
Old 04-05-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Check Your Grounds.
Old 04-06-2006
Registered!!

teg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trusted
Ok, i charged the battery and the srs and abs went off.. and the car starts and runs fine.. Maybe honda ran out my battery while working on it. Oh well unbelievable they fixed it..