Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Mechanical 02 sims are p!ssing me off

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Mechanical 02 sims are p!ssing me off

Ok i went and bought the spark lug non foulers and now i realize that drilling them 1/2 inch is going to be a task in itself. How do you do it. I took them to a shop today and they refused to drill them. they said that the walls will collapse and im like wtf just drill the things. So I have a check engine light and was wondering how do i drill these myself. do i go straight to 1/2 inch drill bit or do i step up from smaller bits. any info is appreciated.
Old 02-06-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
when drilling metal, its always wise to do it in small steps. Its also wise to do it with coolant of some sort to keep it from overheating. If you do it dry, wait between steps for the thing to cool down a little.
You can probably take them to another shop. Anyone with a lathe should be able to bore them out.
Old 02-06-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Yeahi just took them to a machine shop they bored them and it only cost me five dollars... But on the way home my engine blew a hole in the cylider nearest the alternator so now im going to need a whole new motor...
Old 02-06-2006
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
i just clamped mine in the vise of my drill press and drileld it out took about 15 seconds