Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Manual Shifter Part?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nikipedia is an unknown quantity at this point
Manual Shifter Part?

Hello FORUM!

Looking for a part that broke soon after I bought my first Honda Civic. 2003 EX Coupe. The Civic developed a lot of play with the shifter (up and down, not side to side), I guess you call it sloppy. Bad Shifter Bushing is ruled out... While getting an oil change the mechanic said the bushing was intact and they wanted to charge to look at if further. I decline that.

So I removed the shifter boot myself and I took a few pictures. Looks like a part crumbled off - I circled the part that has the most play when moving the shifter around. So tell me what you think? How difficult is this part to replace?

Thanks
Nik
Old 07-28-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Manual Shifter Part?

Remove the cotter pin and slide the shifter cable off of the stud.

I cant remember if there was a rubber washer in between the shifter cable and the stick and that might be what those pieces are. You can buy some washers from the hardware store and put them on to tighten up any slack.
Old 07-28-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Looks like your missing part #5

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...y5=SHIFT+LEVER

Old 07-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nikipedia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Golnat. Just scooped up that part at my local parts store. Going to attempt to replace it this evening.

Appreciate your help!!! Nik
Old 07-28-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

I would still recommend shifter bushings for the linkage and base bushings for the assembly as well as the washers mentioned by Golnat. You will not be disappointed, they have a nice hard click when shifting, that rubber bushings lack.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/01-05-HONDA-C...fc3619&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ADD-W1-Shifte...633c14&vxp=mtr

ps the rsx shift linkage bushings fit the 01-05 civic, I have them installed.