Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

40K noises

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
40K noises

Hi guys,

Forgive me, I'm a Britcar guy.. This is about my Wife's car, the newest car I have had to care for (newer that 1985, that is) Few noises I was hoping you all had come across already. We have a 03 EX Coupe with 30K left on warrantee. Forgive me also if you thought this post was about ICE, lowering springs, or why the dealer won't cover a repair because I have Nitrous. The car is just plain ol' stock.

1. Single click from front end when brakes applied for the first time.

2. Drivers power window solenoid or relay seems to keep closing (clicking)randomly after window has been closed.

3. I do use the search function. That's why I'm not asking why the 4sp auto is always kicking down early while braking. I'll never get used to that....

4. Thank you very much. I have a great deal of reading to do in the next 30K miles. If I don't catch up with this modern tech, I just might install twin SUs on the car, and be done with it........

Thanks in advance, Mike
Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by McHonda
Hi guys,

Forgive me, I'm a Britcar guy.. This is about my Wife's car, the newest car I have had to care for (newer that 1985, that is) Few noises I was hoping you all had come across already. We have a 03 EX Coupe with 30K left on warrantee. Forgive me also if you thought this post was about ICE, lowering springs, or why the dealer won't cover a repair because I have Nitrous. The car is just plain ol' stock.

1. Single click from front end when brakes applied for the first time.

2. Drivers power window solenoid or relay seems to keep closing (clicking)randomly after window has been closed.

3. I do use the search function. That's why I'm not asking why the 4sp auto is always kicking down early while braking. I'll never get used to that....

4. Thank you very much. I have a great deal of reading to do in the next 30K miles. If I don't catch up with this modern tech, I just might install twin SUs on the car, and be done with it........

Thanks in advance, Mike
1. are you talking aobut the brake pedal making a sound or are you talking about the engine compartment making a sound or are you talking about the actual brakes making sounds? http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ighlight=pedal

2. no clue, my best guess is that your holding the window switch in the close position when the window finished closing. if youre not holding it, youre not gonna hear a sound.

3. its normal for the car to downshift (not kick) when braking. if youre tranny is kicking regularly, then you better check the tranny fluid, if thats fine, you better get your tranny checked out by a tech. http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...g+downshifting
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

McHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, Chowmein....

1) When I said front end, I meant the area between the front wheel hubs. (calipers, rotors, suspension, steering rack, etc...) Is that not what it's called these days? If you thought I meant the brake pedal, I'm sorry. What should I have said so we would have been on the same page?

2) I forgot to mention that I take my finger off the window switch when it closes all the way (I also take it off when it goes all the way down). I'm sorry that you assumed that I kept my fingers on the switches to keep the windows up (or down) at all times. I should have been more clear.

I hope I cleared up the symptoms. Anyone else dealt with these yet?

Thanks in advance, Mike

ps "kickdown" is when you depress the throttle to induce an downshift for acceleration. I meant to say just plain "downshift"
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
sorry i couldnt help you more. i know you said front end, however, many people are not 100% sure where rattles or sounds come from. for example 01-03 civics had strut problems, however, many drivers thought the sound came from the dash instead of the driver side where the struts were rubbing. the sound you might be hearing might be from the hydrolics?

im guess since you are still in warranty, just take it to a good dealership (not all of them are bad like alot of ppl assume).