Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

front bumper removal problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ex1074 is an unknown quantity at this point
front bumper removal problem

I've seen posts like this before, but none have completely answered my question, so I posted another. I'm trying to remove my front bumper on my '04 Civic to install some new headlights. I've taken the bolts and push-pins out from underneath, the two bolts in the fender wells, and the push pins on the top. According to Haynes, the bumper should come right off, but it won't. It seems like there is something else holding it in right at the corner of the headlight. Have any of you guys had any similar problems doing this?
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
it is connected under the headlights and right at the fender by clips or brackets (however there called) build into the fender and a bracket under the headlight. you just need to pull really hard right where it meets the fender and it will come off. It will sound like its breaking, but its not.
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ex1074 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright, That makes a lot of since. I heard that sound earlier and did think it was breaking. I just got this car, and it's much different to work on than my old Celica was. Thanks man.