Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Blown Engine NOT on WARRANTY!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V_MaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Blown Engine NOT on WARRANTY!?!

PLEASE SOMEONE ADVICE!!! on friday my car started to make a rattling noise in my engine everyonce and a while when i press on the gas. On saturday i drive the car to work, on the end of my shift i'm getting on the highway when all of a sudden the cars engine blows and turns right off. My car is completely stock and it has 34 000 km on it plus all my oil changes are done at honda. I bring the car to honda and they plug in the comp to read the cpu... and it says that the short block of the engine is blown wahich was caused by a FU**'N overrev due to bad shifting... so ironic that this happened right after 2 days of rattling in the engine. Had a stick 2k1 for 2 years now i got a 2004 stick, Lx, two door...They say that it is my fault and i gotta pay for a new engine?!?! what should i do? is there anything i could do...please someone...i need big time advice. thanks I want to beat these CROOKS!
Old 12-20-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
American Honda 1-800-999-1009

call them and explain EVERYTHING
Old 12-20-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yea its a crock to say you over revved. the headgasket would be blown first. something else would bust before the whole motor. make them prove that you did it. not just the ECU. cause they could just be saying that to get out of paying for it.
Old 12-21-2005
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
did u see the code, they pulled?? Or it is just what they told you???
I would said make them scan the code again, and see what it come up. Then call HOA, see what they can do.
On the side note: a D17 isn't that expensive.
Old 12-21-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by stl01civic
did u see the code, they pulled?? Or it is just what they told you???
I would said make them scan the code again, and see what it come up. Then call HOA, see what they can do.
On the side note: a D17 isn't that expensive.
cough honda rapes on labor cough
d17 is like 500 bucks on ebay. install is probably the same amount.
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
Going by the fact his odometer is reported in km, this guy is in Canada so he'd be looking for Honda Canada, not Honda of America. You're going to want to have the specifics from the Honda mechanics as to what constitutes a "blown" short block as well as the code(s) which was used to determine it was over revved when going to Honda Canada.
Old 12-21-2005

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
didn't even see that thanks Tacheon

HOA (Honda of America ) customer service number in canada

1-888-946-6329
Old 12-21-2005
7thGen Blacked Out Crew

black05civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought that the dealer was not responsible for denying or approving warranty claims for blown motors and transmissions anyway. I thought the district representative handled the approval and disapproval for such claims. Before you call Honda, talk to the manager. If nothing happens, find their district representative, if nothing happens then, call Honda. If they do not do anything, threaten to sue. This way they can not say that you did not talk to the right people and you lose the case.
Old 12-21-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
u prolly mis shifted without knowing..
Old 12-21-2005

Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
u prolly mis shifted without knowing..
the thing is though, they can say he mis-shifted, but one single, solitary, mis-shift, is not going to completely destroy the engine, not going to create a noise as he described, not going to cause the engine to shut ff like he said. I personally thought it sounded as if he was running the car w/o antifreeze.
Old 12-21-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Misshift is fairly obvious to see in a blown motor, why do they claim it was over revved? Last I knew there aren't any codes that directly say you over revved. I would ask to see the documentation saying it was over revved.
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
Yah keep us updated, then put in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (or whatever is equivalent down in the US) about lack of service.

I hate Honda dealerships that don't want to fix **** under warrenty, they all deserve to die.