Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Gas Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
Gas Problem

This is kinda stupid but i though i'd ask. My gas gauge has always been messed up, however recently it's been really bad. Usually my gas gauge only varies betwen 3-4 bars at the most. I have class at school on tuesdays from 6-9pm. And throughout the week my gas gauge is normal (with the normal problems), however last tuesday and today(tuesday) i've parked my car with a half tank of gas, and when I got back to the car after class the gas light is on and doesn't go back up! I think someone is taking gas out of my car, however I find that highly unlikely, but I don't see any other reason why this is happening. Is it easy to open the gas thing without pressing the button? And I know i had gas in there because i got 15 bux on sunday. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 09-13-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Well, if the light is on, go fill up the tank, see how much you put in. I'm guessing you won't fill the tank up comletely, meaning there is gas in there before you put some in there. This would mean the sensor is bad. It is kind of know for the civics. Not sure what kind of car oyu have, but the civic's have a TSB on it and most delaers will fix even after the warranty.
Old 09-24-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
I had this problem also. Light came on (strangely), so I went in to fill it up, just to see what had happened.
$10 is not a complete fill-up from the bulb being on.
$20 is more likely... but it filled up with $10... WTF?
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

gotarheels03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I dont know about 01-03's, but my 04 does that all the time. It'll show that its totally empty (like on/below the line for E) Then magically as im driving it'll go up so much the reserve light turns off. The damn things crazy, so I just never let it go below 1/4 tank anymore.

so I take it you decided not to sell your car.

Last edited by gotarheels03; 09-26-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-26-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Gas gauges in every car I've had have stopped working. Gas and electrical **** just don't get along.
Do this... fill the tank, reset the trip ODO. Go 300 miles, refill it.
Old 09-26-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
same here...its so damn weird...i mean it takes about a week and a half to use half a tank of gas in my EX auto....and then once its at half tank it goes all the way down to the red after one normal day of use....im confused!!!! whats wrong wit my EM2!!!

-PeTeY!! ::EM2::