Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Radiator Fan!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Radiator Fan!!

My rad fan quit working for a while and my condensor seems to be doing all the work however I am planning on taking the car to the dealership under the extended warranty coverage. Today I was in a long traffic jam and my temp started going up I did not let it get too hot I turned off the a/c and switch the temp to hot. I hope i did not damaged anything I did notice my transmission slipping every now and then especially being hot out and with a/c on. This only happens from third to forth it wants to shift but it revs and then shifts like this occassionally.
Old 07-30-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Get that fan fixed asap. As far as tranny slipping, get a B&M tranny oil cooler for $50 and mount it between the condenser and radiator. I'm assuming this is with an auto tranny. Put it in neutral if you're waiting at long lights. It will keep the tranny cooler.