Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Front axle is bad.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front axle is bad.

My car started making some noise the other day, so I took her by my import shop this afternoon. We put her up on the rack, and found out my right front axle is all jacked up. The whole thing moves way too much in its housing. So, dropped her back on the ground, took here to dealership, and told them to fix it(warranty).

They'll get to it first thing in the morning, and let me know whats up.
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

Well, I stopped by the deakership on ym way home from work, and they hadn't done anything to me car. They said they drove it around, it wasn't making any noise, so they didn't try to fix it.

I told them to put it up on the rack, grab the front right axle, and move it, then they would see that it needs to be replaced. The are keeping it another night/day.
Old 01-30-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like a dealer .....
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

RexWatson is an unknown quantity at this point

<< They said they drove it around, it wasn't making any noise, so they didn't try to fix it. >>

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

i hate it when they drive my car! i didn't ask them to drive it, i asked them to fix it! then when i get my car back some greasy punk has changed my radio to some rock-n-roll, soft rock, or some other BS station. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ggggggggggggggggggggghhh [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

them SOB's!

p.s. i need help [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

insan is an unknown quantity at this point
i had the same problem..but i didn't hear it, it was affecting my shifting into second ....they ended up replaceing the right join. but the wierd thing was the joints looked the same.no wear or nothing. it fixed it.........and REX...the i seen the dealer driving my car like it was in a race tacking it out.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Shoulda read this before I posted mine..oops..

Same Problem.. Grinding noise only ehwn slowly accelerating.. breaking and low speed and making right turns..

F%&kin Honda sometimes..

Mohawk
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

Picked up my car yesterday, dealership said there is nothing wrong with the axle, told me it was my struts making noise. I highly doubt it, but I'm going to take my car back to the shop, and take a look at the whole thing again, dissasemble if needed. I don't care what's making the noise at this point, but I do want it fixed. If its the axle, then the dealership is going to replace it, if it's the struts, then I'll fix or replace them. I know they were installed properly, and I'm sure after jacking with it all tomorrow I'll prove to myself that it is the axle, and then I'll make the damn dealership replace it. If its the Koni/GC making the noise, I'll figure out why, and how to make it stop. But, I don't see why that corner would just start doing it now, I haven't bottomed out at all recently, and I only did twice back when I had my stock struts on.

I'll keep you guys up with whats going on with my car.
Old 02-01-2002
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
What dealer are you going to in Dallas? Is it Lute Reilly ? I wonder how they act towards mods. I'm tired of taking everything off when I go and get my oil changed.
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

Turtle is an unknown quantity at this point
I love driving customers cars at work. I dont ever mess with the radio or anything like that. The only cars that I REALY drive are the S2000s, Preludes(especially SH's), and SI Civics. I drive them like they were ment to be drove. MUHAHAHA
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

Just went outside and raised up each front corner. The strut/GC combo is tight, there is nothing there than can move that would make any noise. It has got to be the axle. Only other thing it could be is the brake, but I don't think that is it either.

I am taking it to Lute Riley, they didn't say a word about any of my mods. I wouldn't bother taking your mods off for an oil change, the one they have up there is a drive through oil change, like a quick-lube place. Last time I got my oil changed up there, the guy who opened my hood motioned to everyone else to come and tak a look at my mods, which at the time was only a strut bar and painted valve cover.
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Well for mine it was the CV joint... It's fixed now.. However the locl Honda Mechanics and Service manager are deaf... They can't seem to hear my seat clunking every time I stop.. or even rock back and forth... Oi!!!

Cheers
Mohawk