Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

ANNOYING CIVIC 2K1 Problems - time to nit pick!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
I also don't like how hard they made it to put on after market parts and stupid OBD-III
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

shortieabc is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Was there really a paint chipping on the bumper RecaLL??? cuz mine is chipping and i dont want to pay to get that fixed!! can somebody post a link to the 01 civics???
Old 02-04-2002
AJ
Registered!!

AJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I have a rubbing noise in my driver side wheel well when I go over 65mph and if I crack my window it goes away but roll it back up and in starts again.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

spyder597 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone else have a smell that comes from the car when you get out after you have just been driving really fast and accelerating really fast, also when you turn off your car do you hear a sound like something is winding down????
Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boosted is an unknown quantity at this point
My only complaint is the fact that they went with a shorter nose and the stupid OBD-III comp.
There was alot more room in the 2k civics than the 2k1. That is the main reason they are having problems
with the design of an effective turbo kit. Lack of room for the intercooler pipes. Well there is one more thing
(and It is probably something so simple that I did not think of) but how in the he|| do you remove the whole dash?
I want to do some mad fiberglassing but I am not able to do this untill I remove the dash
Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

normaspirated is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I have several problems myself.

1) Clutch creaking
3) Seat rocking.
4) Brakes clicking when hitting them for the first time after getting in the car.
>>

I will vouch for these two problems. I'm getting use to the seat rocking but the brake clicking really ANNOYS the hell out of me. My dealer fixed the clutch creaking but it's back again and I'm too frustrated and lazy to complain. I also have this really unique problem as well. When the car starts moving slowly from a dead stop either in first or reverse gear, I can hear some liquid moving around and it sounds like it's coming from the engine bay on the passenger side. It kind of sounds like ice cubes swishing around in liquid and banging off the walls of a cooler. Sorry, that's the only analogy I can think of. Does anyone have this problem? If so, what's the cause of that swishing sound? Even though the car's got all of these problems, it hasn't affected the drivability and comfort of the car...yet.