Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cruise Control is not working.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike4831 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cruise Control is not working.

On my way back from college Thursday night I tried to use my cruise control with no luck. I pushed the button on and the green light lit right up. I pressed the set button and nothing happened. So I tried once again with no luck. Tonight my dad and I looked my car over trying to figure out what was wrong. There doesn't seem to be a fuse for it. I have searched a found where one member said the problem was due to a blown fuse with his horn. Well I checked that fuse and it is fine. I am basically out of ideas.

Will disconnecting the battery work? If nothing is left to try then I guess I am going to have to run it by the local dealership in May.
Old 04-03-2005
Registered!!

dariusld is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same thing happen. I would go to use the cruise control and it would engage for a second then turn off right away. I eventually figured out that I had forgotten to plug the thing in the engine bay(the box with the cruise control cable going to the throttle) back in after I was working in the engine compartment
Old 04-03-2005
Registered!!

Mike4831 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dariusld
I had the same thing happen. I would go to use the cruise control and it would engage for a second then turn off right away. I eventually figured out that I had forgotten to plug the thing in the engine bay(the box with the cruise control cable going to the throttle) back in after I was working in the engine compartment

Hmm, well nothing was touched in my car. The only thing I did was fill up my gas tank.
Old 08-20-2005
Registered!!

triplep is an unknown quantity at this point
this just happened to me tonight. Does anyone know what i should do? i have a 2002 LX, but i only have 23k on it so far so it shouldn't be disfunctional already. I've used it only a handful of times so this sucks that it wasn't working tonight.
Old 08-20-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by triplep
this just happened to me tonight. Does anyone know what i should do? i have a 2002 LX, but i only have 23k on it so far so it shouldn't be disfunctional already. I've used it only a handful of times so this sucks that it wasn't working tonight.

If you only have 23k, take it to the dealer they'll fix it free.
Old 08-20-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mike4831
On my way back from college Thursday night I tried to use my cruise control with no luck. I pushed the button on and the green light lit right up. I pressed the set button and nothing happened. So I tried once again with no luck. Tonight my dad and I looked my car over trying to figure out what was wrong. There doesn't seem to be a fuse for it. I have searched a found where one member said the problem was due to a blown fuse with his horn. Well I checked that fuse and it is fine. I am basically out of ideas.

Will disconnecting the battery work? If nothing is left to try then I guess I am going to have to run it by the local dealership in May.

Well, unfortuantly the cruise controll system is somewhat complex, you problem could be anything from a switch (or ground) all the way to a bad solenoid or just a bad vacuum line. We can probably help you fix/find the problem, but it going to take some time to trace the problem down (from both ends). If I where you, I wold take it to a garage and let them find the problem then if you want you can replace it yourself, with our help. A garage will find the problem far fast than you can, but if you want we can start truble shooting, just make sure you have digital multi meter.
Old 08-21-2005
Registered!!

its still under warranty? i thought it was 36k or 1 year..i bought it brand new. does anyone know off the top of their head?
Old 08-21-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
3 years 36k Miles bumper to bumper
Old 08-21-2005
Registered!!

i better get that checked out quick then. thanks!