Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help out with stupid hazard lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005
im stock now! T.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
Help out with stupid hazard lights

Ok, today I noticed that my hazard light switch lighted up when my headlights were on. That is when I noticed the whole time my car never had the hazard lights lit up. Now I try again and see that the hazard light wont light up anymore. Ive already tried checking the wire behind the switch that connects to the switch and pushed it in more. That was not the problem because it still didnt light up.

can anyone help me make the light for the hazard lights turn on? I dont mean the blinkers, I mean the interior light that lights up the hazard light switch.
Old 02-06-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
The bulb?
Old 02-06-2005
im stock now! T.T

it was on last night, now its not on. how do i take the bulb out to see wha ttype it is?
Old 02-06-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
You need to pull out the whole hvac console with the deck and *****. Then there are screws I think to take it off. I remember there being a tiny bulb, cause I disconnected it (all my other lights are blue). If I had my car now, I could've just sent you mine since I don't want it. Maybe in a few weeks if you still need it then.
Old 02-06-2005
im stock now! T.T

ill try that. do you remember what kind of bulb it was? i could get a replacement from honda
Old 02-06-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe. It was a really small one I think. I may have taken it out and kept it in the bag here. If you open yours and take a pic, I can try and match it to something I have.
Old 02-06-2005
im stock now! T.T

see, how do i know if its my bulb though cuz it was on last night but today its not on. it hasnt been ever since last year and i havent noticed it til yesterday night because it was on and I was like oh this thing lights up? then this morning it doesnt. if it was the bulb why did it comeo n?
Old 02-06-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
This is why you shouldent be putting on the hazards after "racing" people! lol
Old 02-06-2005
im stock now! T.T

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
thats not that reason. And I only did that once in my lifetime. I dont mean the blinkers not blinking I mean the interior not lighting up when pressed or depressed.
Old 02-06-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I know, I was just pokin fun, and I was saying, like mabey you burnt the light out from to much use LOL
Old 02-06-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler

lmao, i was gonna say that, but i didnt want anymore negative rep
Old 02-06-2005

No one gives me any cuz they know I'm just jokin round =)
Old 02-06-2005
Premium Member

It should be on all the time whether it's pressed or not. That red triangle stays on with the parking lights.
Old 02-07-2005
im stock now! T.T

Originally Posted by gearbox
It should be on all the time whether it's pressed or not. That red triangle stays on with the parking lights.
I know it should stay on. Thats how I noticed it. Last night it was on the whole time while driving home. Then today it wasnt on at all. So if it was the bulb that burned out, how could a burned bulb be on one night then off another. Thats why I thought it mightve been loose wires but I checked and it wasnt.

Anything else that could be causing the problem?
Old 02-07-2005
Premium Member

Well bulbs just burn out, unless you're saying it went off and came back on later.It might be a fuse, but that's about it. Or maybe the light rattled out of its holder. You gotta open it up and check tho.
Old 02-07-2005
im stock now! T.T

yeah ill open it up but I have no time right now because I gotta go to edelbrock tomorrow and fix my nitrous before anything else.