Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

bad struts in 01s? recalled?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vandal is an unknown quantity at this point
bad struts in 01s? recalled?

old member here and dont post around here much anymore but dont hold it against me. can someone please maybe answer a question or two for me. i have an 01 coupe and have had to replace the struts 3 times while they were under warrenty, now that my car is up for state inspection it wouldnt pass because my struts are leaking bad. im well aware that there is a design flaw and i was wondering if it was corrected in the later models? was there ever a recall on the 01 struts cause i never recieved any information.
Old 01-25-2005
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
it was officially corrected in the '04 I think. I had mine done 3 times as well and eventually Honda sent me a letter to go in and get a set of '04's free of charge.

I've not heard of anyone with anything but an '01 getting this offer. Also, because I'm trading in an '01 I get an extra 75,000 km's on my maintenance warranty when I get my '05.
Old 01-25-2005
Registered!!

01civicexboy is an unknown quantity at this point
So basically what you are telling me is this if I go into Honda and tell them my seats are rocking, they will fix them free of charge?
Old 01-25-2005
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 01civicexboy
So basically what you are telling me is this if I go into Honda and tell them my seats are rocking, they will fix them free of charge?

I had my driver seat fixed free of charge for that very reason.