Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DjReaction is an unknown quantity at this point
Exhaust question

ok this will sound VERY odd, but yes its true....

when i first got my car 6 months ago it had factory exhaust, then i went and had 2 1/4 pipe put on right? well NOW for an odd reason when i drive and it rains and i happend to drive thru a puddle, and then give it gas, the WHOLE CAR will vibrate and bog down! like its not goin anywhere!! that question i will never have an answer to

when i look on ebay, they have cat back exhaust and a header for an EX model but not an LX, will the EX fit? cuz i think the O2's are in different spots!
Old 12-27-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
your problem is normal. When I had my exhaust, whenever it rained it would vibrate really bad, just learn to live with it.
Old 12-29-2004
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
hmmm interesting
Old 12-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Thats because the larger diameter piping decreases back pressure. When you decrease the back pressure you lose some bottom end torque.
Old 01-04-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
apparently it is the B-Pipe. Ive been having that prob real bad lately, and have to pull over from it. Since I lowered my car it has been a lot worse. I thought water was in the transmission or something, but nothing to worry about. usually putting the car in neutral will get rid of it (w/o touching the gas). I am going to Midas this week to see what they can do about it. I heard that when the pipe gets wet, it changes the shape of it, and vibrates against your car. when you stop for a little bit, it will go back to the same shape, and stop vibrating against it.
Old 01-05-2005
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
Hmmm... I've never had any problems with exhaust. Do you people with problems have big-name brand exhausts (HKS, Magnaflow, Apexi, Greddy, etc.) or ebay replica exhausts?
Old 01-05-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Almost any catback will do that. I've heard of thermal, greddy, and generic exhausts doing it.
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks. I bought a potato Launcher from Pep Boys it has about a 3 inch tip, cost me $100.00, had it welded on yesterday at a muffler shop here in san diego he custom made the pipe from the cat, made the hanger, and customized it perfectly for my car Parts, Labor $40.00 so for $140.00 I got a pretty nice exhaust, and it fits, no problems noted.
Old 01-05-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, well I live in Florida where it rains like every other day, and I drove around in the hurricanes and all and I hav never had this problem... I'm running the HKS exhaust btw
Old 01-18-2005
Registered!!

ruckus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 2005 sedan, and i didnt see a catalytic converter on it, there is like a resonator and a muffler, but wheres the cat, and i swear to you im not lying, i will take pics if i have to! it runs header, to the down pipe, which is welded straight back over the rear axle, and to the lil muffler. and this is stock, wouldnt the cat be up towards the front
Old 01-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
I think the cat on the LX model is in the exhaust manifold... I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.