Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Tip for clearing condensation on windows

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Tip for clearing condensation on windows

The windows of my civic seem to get condensation them very easy...everytime it is cold here (in the morning or night) in LA I found my windows are covered with condensation. Usually, I use a towel to clear it off, but the window becomes fogged up again from the outside. Today, I did not have any towels, so I just poured water over the window from my bottle. Amazingly, the condensation disappeared immediately and the windows stayed clear without fogging up again.
Old 12-14-2004
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
you could always use the windshield wipers and the rear defrost button..
Old 12-14-2004
Registered!!

HappyGilmore is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 12-14-2004
Registered!!

savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, but you got to wait a while for it to work. It is not instantenous. Guess you never had your windows fogged up.
Old 12-15-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by savedadogs
Yeah, but you got to wait a while for it to work. It is not instantenous. Guess you never had your windows fogged up.

damn, you and every other american in the world has this same problem. Yet it isnt a problem, it is reality. In colder weather and when it is raining you will have moisture built up on the windows. Like someone else said, use your defrosters. They take some time to get rid of the moisture, it doesnt happen right away.
Old 12-17-2004
Registered!!

dany.j is an unknown quantity at this point
i was having a lot of condensation in my car too but then i realized i was leaving open the panel of my sunroof everytime, even at very cold weather. now im leaving it closed and the problem is solved ..
Old 12-17-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
yeah, if it's fogging up inside and it's not raining outside, just open a window until the A/C is useable....
Old 12-17-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I just use my defoggers. If it is a really cold day and they get fogged up a lot, I crank my heater. It gets hot, but I crack my windows too. just keep it warm enough to get rid of it.
Old 12-17-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
for some reason my rear window seems to fog up on the inside even if wiped clean it seems to be really low and its hard to get in there, is there anyway to actually get rid of the problem, without using a towel everyday?
Old 12-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Google for "fog clear gel"

http://www.unelko.com/glass_science/...?products_id=4

It works, bought a tube of the gel version at my local parts store(Kragens). Walmart might even have it.
Old 12-23-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
keep your window open a crack, works for me. I got those vent strips so I can do it in the rain / snow
Old 12-24-2004
Won By One

teamPR0 is an unknown quantity at this point
doesent rainx help with that